Do they Drug Test you before or after you take your ASVAB

Discussion in 'General' started by Dannyscott, Jun 14, 2011.

1. I am going to Fort Lee tommorow to take an ASVAB but I don't know if I'm going to go through something called MEPS or not where i get a physical and a drug test. If I get a negative, which I will. I dont know the reprocussions.

I have it tommorow... What should I do?....

2. When I took my ASVAB, it was long before MEPS. Not sure how it is now. If you're not sure, just tell your recruiter you aren't ready for it and you want a delay. You can put it off for as long as you need to. He won't like it, but he can deal, it's his job.

3. You take the asvab way before you go to meps.

4. hell, i took my asvab in junior year of HS. so it was waaaay before meps.

5. yea man there going to jump threw the windows and be like everybody get down and pee in this cup!

6. Yea before meps, but! I am taking the ASVAB at the meps center in my area. So i am scared they are going to give me a physical there as well to get that done.

7. no they have to schedule your physical, depending on your MOS and openings for basic. You will know in advance when your physical is and thats when they give a UA.

8. no man, your good. you can decide to go to MEPS whenever you want. but quit smoking now, and start running to sweat some of it out. drink lots of water. as for if you test positive when you go to MEPS, you will never be allowed into the military. if your already in basic training when they get the results from the test, they will pull you from basic, and thats pretty embarrassing to say the least.

9. #9 Shipwreck, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2011
    The first time they'll piss test you is when you go to MEPs the second time to depart.
    They piss test about a week in boot camp so whatever you do just don't smoke for a while.

Oh yeah if you fail a drug test, you're automatically disqualified from joining the military (of any branch) ever again.

10. I wouldn't worry either way. They want you to join so your recruiter will help out...at least they do down here. They use to even get people detox drinks.

But like everybody else said you shouldn't have to worry about it until you actually go to MEPS

11. You can't bring fake piss in because they actually look at you when you do it.

Plus even if you use your fake piss in MEPs they'll get you in boot camp.
    There you WILL NOT be able to hide any fake piss lol.

12. you stand about 2 feet away from the urinal with people watching you. someone will notice.

edit: what branch, and what MOS are you thinking of doing? just my on curiosity.

13. You guys got UA'd in Basic? Weird, never did that to me, I only got it at MEPS before I shipped and about every month or so in AIT, and every couple of months at my unit.

14. what branch are you joining? and you should know if you're going through the full physical or not...

When I went to meps for the army, they did everything right there. I took the asvab, got a physical and drug test and all that jazz.

It seems like you're doing the same, and if that is the case, you are fucked sir. didn't your recruiter let you know or what?

15. Take asvab
    Review scores with recruiter and he will determine if your ready for your physical which will be when you get tested. After that your next test will be at bootcamp. Don't risk it. Just quit right now if you really want to be in military. Think of it as a very long time break.