what do i wear to job training/orientation

Discussion in 'General' started by greenwatcher, May 26, 2011.

1. yea what should i wear? i think i am hired for the job.

do i wear the same as i did for the interview? i wore dress pants and button up white collared shirt.

this is like my first real job:eek:

2. Yes - shirt and tie with slacks and dress shoes first day

3. Obviously you have to tell us what your job is...

4. pink snapback
    wife beater
    a white watch on both hands
    white athletic shorts
    white socks
    black dress shoes

5. i always just ask what i should wear when they tell me to come in.

6. What is the job.....

7. the job is dishwasher

i think i will email to see the dress code.

8. i washed dishes for 3+ years, take my advice. but wear crocs instead, that way when you mop you can run around freely without having a slippery situation

9. dishwasher, u can where whatever u want. i wouldnt recomend a dirty pot tshirt though.

10. #10 greenwatcher, May 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2011
    thx guys.

what is a snapback??
    but yea im pretty excited bout having a restaurant job maybe i can work my way up :D

i just hope they dont drug test me:( even thought most people say they wont there is still the possibility they might. my friend got some weed we was gonna smoke tomorrow.and the training is next day on friday.

usually when employers drug test when do they do it? like at the first day? or some time later? month later week later? yea?

11. Back when I had to work for a living (damn, almost two decades ago, now), I would always dress for the next position up. If I had an entry level job and the dress code was jeans and supervisors wore dress pants and shirt, I would wear dress pants and shirt.

It didn't hurt. ;)

Probably doesn't apply for your situation...:eek:

12. hmm that might just work. cuz at the interview out of the 20+ people that i seen there interviewing. i think i was the only person that was wearing "interview" type clothes

13. Oh, you're a dishwasher...

I got it.

Wear a tuxedo.

14. Get slip resistant shoes. You can get them like 30 dollars at payless.

15. thats how a WINNER dresses!!!! lol

16. i have to wear black slacks the company name tag they gave me and the shirt they gave me. and i'm a dishwasher too.

i would check the place out and see what color pants everyone is wearing. wear that and a nice shirt (not a polo) and that should be good or they will give you a shirt.

17. pre-employement screening, do you know what that means?

18. Why would you wear anything nice if you are washing dishes?

19. i think but please elaborate.

when is the pre employment screening going to start?