Do you feel you are smarter then most people??

Discussion in 'General' started by Free The BIRDS, Apr 29, 2011.

1. i hide my intelligence behind an eccentric facade....

i think that means i'm 2 steps from being an evil genius

2. Exactly how can you quantify intelligence?? Also there are different kinds of intelligence

3. eccentric facade = the internet

:confused:

4. #45 kannabiskid, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
    :confused:

i guess my eccentricity does cross over into my online persona.. but i don't really think the internet counts considering you are all figments of my imagination :p

5. #46 Renegade Angel, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    That's a good point. I don't consider someone who can memorize facts from textbooks a "intelligent" necessarily. It just means they're good at memorization, lol.

There's different types of intelligence. Some are book smart, some are street smart, some have other subjects of expertise that they're highly knowledgable of. Like the gamer who knows everything there is to know about every technological device out there and how it works. Or the music buff who can recite most songs of multiple genres.

We're all intelligent, but we forget that getting a 4.0 in school doesn't define our intelligence at all. I've seen a lot of immature honor roll students, and plenty smart 2.0 kids.

6. #47 tuchaka, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2011
    Yes i am smarter than most people , most people are morons, the average IQ is not that much higher than retarded , mensa takes the top 2% of IQ's not just on IQ test scores because depending on which one you take you score can vary and they don't wanna miss out on any Genius IQ people that miss the cut.

With all that being said it's nothing to brag about why am i smarter than most people cause both my parents are smart and they had a kid me.....period lol.....i had nothing to do with it so what is there to brag about?

On the subject of whether 'other' people think you are smart or not usually that is their reward for you when you agree with you, i think of it as sorta like them giving your ego a little quickie hand job to encourage you to say things they agree with cause it feels good.

People usually tell you , you're stupid when you don't agree with them cause it hurts their feelings .....neither of these scenario's has anything to do with a actual evaluation of intelligence it's all about people trying to be 'comfortable' socially

http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/IQBasics.aspx

7. i feel smarter than my friends.I think I subconsciously choose dumb friends

8. book smarts probably not , I know some random facts but I dont go out of my way to study. With like real life situations i would say yes. I guess if you average it out im average ish

9. #50 Ska, Apr 29, 2011
    Same except I was born from two incompetent people.

Intelligence =/= knowledge, success, or common sense though.

10. Yes Iyam. Iyam akshuli a jeenyus but i donut lik to brage ab out it beekuz peeple will mite be jellus beekuz iyam aksuli a jeenyus. Do yoo thikn mi wede ise lasd?

11. Most people think they're smarter than most people. What an enigmatic paradox!

12. people tell me all the time i am. nothing but
    lies.

13. All the people saying grades don't account into your intelligence. They do somewhat. It shows your ability to take information and reuse it. Not your ability to follow directions.

14. Why would I need to feel smarter, when I already know I am smarter than most people.

Feels good man,:cool:

15. i KNOW i am smarter than most people in this world... i have the degrees to prove it

16. Never used to class myself as smart,

I would say im above average intelligence. Not overly smart but enough to see how fucked this world is.

I know when i talk to someone who's smarter than me and i know when i talk to someone who isn't.

Although it's hard to define intelligence because everyone is clever at different things.

17. I'm smart as fuck. You guys got nothing. I mean. You seen me post here? You seen it? Huh? That's some wizard-ass shit. I'm a fucking prophet.

Seriously. Go look up my posts. Seriously.

... :D:smoke: Proved your point OP

18. The most beautiful thing about intelligence and education is the fact it teaches us to accept one undeniable truth; we are all ignorant.

The more you learn, the more you realize how little you know.

Am I smarter then MOST people? No.

19. #60 Postal Blowfish, Apr 29, 2011
    i think this too. people think im smart, i think i just have less of a life than they do. <-- this is when i'm in a good mood. in a bad mood, i think they're just lying to me to make me feel better.

i wonder how many voted yes because they thought a no vote meant saying "i'm stupid" rather than "i'm average."