Thinking about moving to Canada

Discussion in 'General' started by Umbrä, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Hey, GC... Been a while since I've posted, but because I know you're all pretty savvy people, I come to you seeking advice. I've recently decided to look into moving to Canada (I currently live in the U.S.) I was hoping that I could find some Canadians who could tell me everything I would need to know, or just some primo tips. I'm thinking I'm going to finish college here, gather money and head north with friends. We were thinking Toronto or somewhere outside of there.

Any reason I should stay in the U.S.? Any Canadians want to fill me in on the culture? And lastly, how's the weed movement up there?

2. lol ur sig is sick.idk anything about canada tho

3. I live in Canada, and I don't know what part of the states you live in but where I live the temp ranges from -40 to +30, that would probably be a change from you. I would suggest going to B.C for the best dope, when we get B.C kush in my city, everyone freaks out :p. Winnipeg is a good city, not to populated, really chill, good weed. I wouldn't reccomend Toronto, never been there, but it just seems over populated and dirty. I've been to Montreal, Quebec, and many places in Ontario. In Quebec City, Old Quebec is amazing, so many good head shops and such. Also Montreal is really nice. The culture in Montreal and Quebec would be alot different then what your used to because it is french speaking. But in the end, the weed movement here is great, if you get caught with weed, all the cops do is confiscate it and write you a ticket. (Unless it is in seperate baggies over a certain amount because then they charge you with Intent to Sell). I don't know what your law enforcement is like but its quite chill here. But yeah if you wanna know more just ask away!
    :D

4. You a Moose fan?

5. Imma bigger Jets fan ;). but yeah

6. What do you want to know ? We got preemo weed for preemo prices and people are pretty tolerant about the ganj

7. You'll get it soon. :D

What is the climate like in Saskatchewan?

8. Toronto, but not directly in it, I'd say more along the outskirts where its not too big but aint too small. The enviroment is beautiful, the people are chill and the weed is fucking dope(c wut i did thur) It's a good place to live once you settle in.

9. That basically sums it up.

10. Oh man, I hope so.
    But Saskatchewan is the same as Manitoba I think, maybe a bit warmer. I have a friend who lives out there and he says its pretty chill.

11. Ill be moving to Canada in about a year.

im excited

12. Well since i've lived here my whole life i can tell you pretty simply. It is cold as shit half the year and then mediocre / deece the other half. If u can handle -40 winters and +20 summers then sask might be for you.

13. Same climate as in Winnipeg basically

14. I heard I'ts actually pretty hard to gain citizenship there is this true?

15. I want to move to canada as well, but apparently the job market over there is totally "underground" and you need social networks to find out whats available etc which sounds like it could make it v tricky.

16. In all honesty, most jobs are like this.

17. Saskatchewan is pretty much the same climate as Winnipeg. We have -40 to plus 30, and extremely flat. I love Saskatchewan though, and we have a great football team if your into that. Other than that were just a chill province. Not much to do around here, depending what you're into.

18. the air in Canada is different, like its easier to breathe
    its a lot colder, especially in Toronto
    the weed is strong, especially in BC