Are we alone?

Discussion in 'General' started by HighlyHigh, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Do you think there is life out there beyond our planet, solar system, or galaxy?

2. There is microscopic life on other planets...Not really any point in a poll if it is already known to exist.

3. it's still being debated over.

4. I wouldn't be surprised. But I cannot form an opinion until I see it with my own eyes or see better proof(not that we dont already have some sort of proof)

5. Its like one of those things, we could be the lucky ones and you wouldn't know it.. or we could just be apart of a vast selection of life forms.

6. Hell no. If anything, its an impossibility that there isnt other life out there. I mean complex life, not just bacteria

7. Where is Carl Sagan when you need him?

8. wrap your head around this: there are about 2 billion stars in our milky way galaxy alone...and there are trillions and trillions and trillions of galaxies out there, they could go on forever...now think about all the stars there are out there...every single star has the possibility of planets orbiting them...it almost seems absurd to think we are the only planet that harvested life.

9. good point, but as far as we know, which isn't saying much, there are only a few billion galaxies. but then again, we use to think the Earth was flat.

10. No we are not.

There are more planets and galaxies

than there are sand grains on all of the earth.

Not the mention the multiverse theory

lol

11. OBVIOUSLY. how ignorant can you get with our current knowledge of the universe to still think we are the only life forms in this vast universe. there IS alien life the question is where, how smart and are they hostile.

12. I have a feeling that we're the hostile ones.

13. hahaha, yea i have a feeling depending on how aliens choose to reveal themselves if they do, the governments will be hostile towards them

14. YEah, were the only ones. outer space is soo quiet

15. for real. take a look at avatar the movie. we killed them and their big ass house for some rare metal in the ground.

16. them alien nigggas visit me all the time and we go outer spaaace

17. are there still some nuts out there who think we're alone? haha, thats cute. :)

18. Hmmm probably not educated life, but I don't think it honestly makes a difference...as if we could find them...

like trying to pick a needle out of a...universe...

19. gliesea 581g may not even exist.
    Also it all depends on what you consider intelligent life. There could be a species so intelligent that they understand that living in harmony with their planet is the only way to ensure that their species will keep on, and evolve.