i have no friends anymore

Discussion in 'General' started by catfish swiming, Mar 5, 2011.

1. In high school i had a few friends but never any close ones. i used to hang around with a group of people at lunch times at school but never in weekends. now i am working full time and still live at home with my mum (moving out if i get this new job i applied for) and i have two friends, mike and Bradley. i have been friends with Bradley since i was about6 or 7 but when ever i call or text him to see if he wants to hang out he always makes up excuses to not do anything. and mike i never hear from any more.

I feel really lonely. my only friends are my mum my dog and the stupid cat that follows me every where i go in the house. it even trys to sleep in my bed and i don't let it under the blankets it will scratch at me to let it in, so eventually i just give up and let it sleep in my bed under the blankets.

That is pathetic. im a 19 year old male and i fucking sleep with a cat. how fucked up is that. well at least i still have pot.

Sorry but i just have to vent

2. Maaaaaan you will get friends easily.
    be social,,,,

for a start you could ask any of the guys if they wanna join you for a j after school or during school ;) that will give you a chance to start talking, that talk is the most important talk.

its all about being very social and recognized.

3. Like AcidTrip said, it's not hard to make friends man. Just remember quality over quantity in your friends is what's important. I'd rather have a few tight friends than a bunch of acquaintances. I also don't see what's wrong with sleeping with a cat?

4. Hang in there catfish. Be yourself, eventually freinds will find you. It sucks being lonely, but it will pass. As you do make new freinds....Choose carefully, Stay away from anyone using hard drugs........Thats a losing game. Dont get caught up in it. Cheer up bro, it can only get better..............And besides you ARE sleeping with some pussy already.........
    peace B

5. What this guy said.
    I'd rather have a few tight friends I chill with maybe a couple times a week. Than with a bunch of fake people who try to come around every day.

6. You don't sound mature enough to be living on your own or even know what to do.

7. Don't let it stress you man. I gotta admit when I was that age I was toking with a lot of different folks, but I was in a college town.

As you get older you will just naturally have less and less friends. First people split up to different schools, then you get girlfriends, then full time jobs, and eventually kids.

Once you've got the girl and the job your time is seriously diminished, once you get the kid its done. You'll only even have time for a couple friends.

8. This. But its my belief that you'll never be happier. Hopefully.....

9. Lol, ouch

10. See if anyone wants to toke up durig lunch break at work or something idunno. But I agree a few good friends is better than a bunch of fake ass users

11. I'm 27 and I sleep with a fucking cat. No big deal, dude.

The thing is, stop defining yourself by what other people are doing or what you think they think you should be doing, and just do what comes normally and naturally. It's really liberating, I tell you. I've been living this way for a couple years now and I am really at peace with myself.

12. Catfish swimming,

I feel for you. I have had plenty of friends at times. Maybe too many? I have had no friends to speak of at other times, and I have had a few close friends which was still more than enough. The times I had no friends was partly because, as I surveyed the crowd, if those were my options, … “No thanks.” I will walk alone. But that can be difficult. I definitely feel for you and hope the situation rectifies itself.

Have you considered petitioning the almighty powers that be? Name them what you want, that is your affair, but if you were a praying man, or could be, I would suggest saying a prayer. Just get quiet within yourself, take a breath, and if this sounds copasetic at all, ask “a power greater than yourself” to help out.

It is my belief your prayer will be heard, and if possible at all, “friends” will happen. Just try to be specific about what you are looking for in friends. Not just, “Yo! Dad (God the father in some people's vernacular ), send me some friends!” But, be like the kid who wants a new toy and can't stop talking about how great it will be and what he will do with it when he gets it. Positive self expectancy anyone?

Do you want friends that are macho, sensitive, ballers, smart, wealthy, hardworking, honest, willing to go the extra mile for friendship's sake? Do you want friends that come from good families, friends that have been around the block, friends that are going places, friends that are impatient, friends that don't care about other people's feelings? <---- Seem to have a lot of fun; not personally my first choice.

Anyway, some of those suggestions might have interested you and some might have been uncomfortable even to think about. Point is, don't leave it up to a crapshoot, be specific and then if a friend shows up who is nine out of ten of what you are looking for, maybe let them slide. I mean, after all, you are friends.

Chariot

13. I'll be your friend :3 haha

14. i sleep with my cat sometimes :confused_2:

15. I'll be your friend.

16. haha i'm gonna be 19 in like 9 days and i'm the same way man. all i have is my guitar and really no real friends anymore. i'm saving up to move and start doing what i want to do. play music. fuck everyone else i'mma live for me :smoke:

atleast we still got jimi :)

17. David I'll be your friend too. I think I'm just gonna start making friends w/ people who don't have any.

18. #18 Oceanic, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2011
    You'll find companionship soon. Move out, be confident and outgoing, willing to meet new people at your new job and stuff. You just need to sprout, that's all--- You'll eventually gain a group of people that you can weed out and pinpoint the people you really want to hang with.

People come and go, family is the only thing going to be around. I've encountered many many people over my lifetime. Lots of great people, too. But guess what? They're gone. Some moved. Some weren't worthy of my time (in my opinion), some died, some are jail, etc. etc. Only a few remain, and I have a very small handful of people I'd consider close and good friends of mine and that are trustworthy.

Not even the big weed movers on top have a lot of true friends. Like I said, people come and go, especially in big cities fast living fast money---shit happens in between and you need to find yourself to be comfortable, and that will eventually happen.

19. hey man i'll take as many friends as i can get!! my dream is to just have a bunch of friends to tkae lots of drunk and just jam until the sun starts to rise. then take another shot and bring the amps outside and play to the sun :smoke:

20. I've been playing the guitar since I was 13-14 years old. Look at that. We have shit in common. Not too bad a start. You probably smoke weed too. This is crazy man.