Joining the Air Force

Discussion in 'General' started by ChicagoToker, Feb 12, 2011.

1. props on that bro and congratulations on the enlistment!

I'm enlisting in the air force and i still blaze here and there but not as much, having something that big as a motivation can really affect the way people think... i've never had as much motivation for anything as i do now that ive made the decision to join the military.

2. Goodluck... SOPC is a friggin nightmare man

3. yea man I feel the exact same. I used to smoke every single day and I haven't smoked since February. It's weird I'm in the best mood I've ever been in and I can't see myself becoming a regular smoker again. Don't get me wrong I still miss the ganja and love the plant, I have no regrets. But shit, once I get my results back from MEPS so I know I passed the drug test, I'm gonna smoke myself retarded.

haha thanks man. Were you in SF? Any insider tips you can give me?

4. Didn't get selected. Be ready to ruck a lot, wear a ruck 24/7, be a pro at land nav, good runner and upper body strength. Land nav sucks really bad in selection. SOPC is about three times harder than selection, but if you pass SOPC you have an 80% chance of being selected after completing SFAS

Get this book [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Get-Selected-Special-Forces-Successfully/dp/0975355279]Amazon.com: Get Selected! for Special Forces: How to Successfully Train for and Complete Special Forces Assessment & Selection (9780975355275): Major Joseph J. Martin, Colonel Ed Phillips USA Ret., Master Sergeant Rex Dodson: Books[/ame]

5. hows your training going (getting in shape)

6. Basic training almost always gets you in the best shape of your life, afterwards yer like eh fuck all that bullshit.

7. #227 mimomontalvo, May 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2011
    I leave for Army BCT on 20111027. I also have a cousin leaving for the navy in august.

68W.

Not sure what to expect. Im doing it for myself as well as my family. I have a daughter to provide for and ive been on and off jobs this year. its been tough.

8. That is why most people join the service. Atleast four years of pay plus once you leave the service you can go into just about any career that you've trained in and get a job. On a application, the military looks hella good.

9. It's going pretty good, I'm sore as fuck right now actually haha. I work out for Future Soldier two times a week and that's hardcore as fuck, then I work out at least two other times on my own. I'm a complete novice at working out but it's not that bad and I'm about to start taking creatine which is supposed to help build muscle I guess? If anyone knows some good supplements for basic muscle building and weight gain that would be great. I definitely want to gain as much weight as possible before basic.

10. #230 WarriorsOfLife, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
    Become of friend of weight gainer supplements, but only take half of the recommended serving. So if it says 3 scoops take 1 1/2 etc... (reasons being a full serving is around a 1000 calories) just because it makes you bloated. Or you can just go for a regular protein drink. Basically just think protein. Egg whites. My man, you are going to want to cook like 8-10 egg on the days you train. Yeah man just take in mass amounts of protein. Drink milk, lots of milk. Maybe get skim milk if you're concerned about your heart..

I wouldn't recommend creatine. It's alright but you really don't need it. What you're looking for is strength, muscle building properties. All creatine is seriously good for (and it IS good for this) is making you look jacked up for the ladies.

11. thanks man, that's what other people have told me as well. I guess I'm just going with a protein shake of some kind and just up intake of those kind of foods.

12. You probably already know this but it's worth repeating. Remember it's a protein supplement. So really just drink them after your workouts. You want to get most of your nutrients from real, whole food. You know? The protein shake's purpose is only to make sure, no matter what, you aren't losing weight or staying the same. I see alot of people at the gym drink coffee and energy drinks. I was never into that thing but in theory it's supposed to give you some adrenaline to do harder workouts or whatever. That's probably a bad idea, I never tried it...

13. No I don't like Air force.So i can't join.

14. No one cares. Stop trying to get your post count up.

15. you on an A-team yet?

16. dude the airforce will drug test you on your 2nd day or so. and u will be kicked out and never aloud to join the airforce. perma ban.

17. your ship date is getting close!

18. what's up gc! I don't have regular access to the net anymore so its been a long ass time. I moved in with a friend while I wait to get shipped and she doesn't have internet -___-

it's been really awesome to been on gc today though. when it's been a long time, everything seems so new it's weird. but I miss being able to cut up with you guys all the time haha

no..what is that?

the title of this thread is misleading but you should probably read the whole thing before you comment lol. I'm already enlisted in the Army..

I know dude! I'm so freakin' stoked! :D

19. There is other ways to get "high"
    [​IMG]

20. eee hope everything goes well..