First time large quantity

Discussion in 'General' started by WoozyMan, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Hey folks, this weekend I'll be getting a big chunk (1 ounce). I rarely smoke so I'm planning to keep it for a long time. I've been browsing through the forum and seems like a mason jar should be good enough as a container.

Do I need to cure it? I'm scared of it molding. What do I have to do to keep it mold free? Do I have to completely dry it out? Put it in freezer? What's your take on how I can safely prolong the life of the buds?

2. hide it in your ass at all times, its the only place they won't find it, come on quick do it.

3. Mason jar is your best bet for sure. You won't need to cure it if it's good weed.

It sounds to me like you've just started smoking, so you should be weary of what you're getting. Dealers like to take advantage of new smokers, especially when they're buying large amounts. Take a scale and an experienced friend with you to make sure what you're getting is the right weight and is a good quality for the price.

Good luck!:wave:

4. Ok thx gooseman, it's the dealer of my friend. People keep bothering him to get the good stuff so I guess it's some decent stuff.

Btw so if the stem snaps with your fingers then it's dry enough right? It doesn't need more curing? Does a snapping stem mean it's completely dry and can't get moldy or it just means it's dry enough to smoke but still need to watch out for molds?

5. If the stem snaps you're good. I don't think you'll ever be sold weed that isn't cured, honestly. You'll be able to tell once you get some experience under your belt.

And as long as you keep your weed in a mason jar you shouldn't have to worry about mold, as long as you have a good seal. Avoid putting it in a freezer, that will ruin the quality a bit, but keep it in a cool, dry place.

6. right here.

Definatley make sure to weigh it out before you hand over any money, especially when buying anything like an OZ or bigger.

A mason jar is definatley your best bet, just about any air tight container will do just fine. Keep that shit in a closet or somewhere dry so you don't have to worry about any possible mold (highly unlikely)

enjoy that shit op! :smoke: