why is my mom like this?

Discussion in 'General' started by saltatious, Jul 10, 2010.

1. today i found out my dad smokes weed every day, personially i think thats great and i would love to smoke with my old man, but there is one problem... wen my dad smokes weed my mom could care less and really doesent give a shit, a few months ago she found out i smoked and went mental, like insane screaming and shit... i dont get it, its like discrimination

2. She knows your dad can set priorities and take care of business (assuming he works) and since she just found out about you smoking weed she probably thinks you're gonna be a burnout stoner or something.

Time to prove her wrong I guess.

3. Be like, "Mom, I'm an adult, and while I respect you and appreciate the effort you put into raising me, I'm old enough to make my own choices."

Then tell her that you hope she can accept it, and that you think it'd be silly yo let it damage your relationship.

4. idk. shes probably not too happy with him doing it but she can't say much.

I totally understand that situation. my dad parties but my mom doesn't.

My mom says no smoking in the house, but my dad says fire it up. It's a complete mind fuck.

5. My mom worked at an inpatient rehab for about 8 years. Sucked ass.

6. no she like doesent care at all about him doing it, at all...

7. i feel ya there... anything weed related she says is like " i just hope you dont sit at home and smoke pot all day "..

8. i was raised by my grandma(R.I.P.) she used to always complain about me smoking weed....only cause i got a couple charges.

maybe your mom doesnt like it cause its illegal....and you dont have a good job/career.

9. True dat-a. Actions speak louder than words. If you never fail to act responsibly, she should pick up on it. If she doesn't, then she isn't smart.

10. She didn't give birth to your father.

11. ill give uu that one

12. Probably because she loves you and is protective of you. Be happy she cares about you, you may not agree with what she says but im sure you can understand why she says it :)

13. Get together with your dad and make your mom watch The Union with the two of you. I bet it would work.

14. Lots of parents are like that. When my parents first found out I smoked they kept telling me I was going to be a burnout and get some chick preggo (apparently my middle brother was concived when my parents were stoned so they used to think I couldnt handle being high just because they couldn't). But she should calm down over time. I just founs out my mom has been starting to get mad health problems and is perscribed lots of opiates and she hates it. So she might start toking soon, might even let me grow a small plant or two. Not sure how in this appt but it's still sweet :hello:

Parents love to give their children shit for doing what they used to do but as long as you are smart about it, have/get a job good grades and don't get in trouble with the law there is no reason she shouldn't turn around.