Anyone else excited about their tax return??

Discussion in 'General' started by hopup, Feb 14, 2010.

1. #1 hopup, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2010
    It looks like I'll get mine on Friday and I can expect about $750 back!

So that's going towards an O and some upgrades for my cars. :D
    And the rest I'll probably save and let sit in my savings.

Talked to my buddy, and he just got over 9 grand this year because of all his kids! And I just saw the Honda 750 he just bought to chop up when I went to match him a bowl yesterday.

Any other blades excited to get a kickback from the man this year?

Anyone have to pay? That sucks if you do! I'll smoke you out of so! :smoking:

2. I got mine back on the 5th. Its long gone..I owed my mother alot of money for my cell phone bill and I was behind in all my bills:( But Im thankful I didnt owe money.

3. Cant get my tax back i never worked, Hoo raa

4. 17 dollars american

woop woop

punjab mc celebration music

5. I'm not filing mine until the very last day. $60 back from state and I have to pay in $100 to federal. It's how it goes though. If you are a single male with a job in your twenties expect to be fucked at every turn.

6. shouldnt file early or late...

7. #7 Mr. Mojorising, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2010
    Yeah man I make lots of money in small intense bursts so they suck me dry.
    I may work 70 hours a week and have no work for the next 2 weeks.
    Expecting over $four Grand back :D

Should be in my hand by march 9 according to the IRS tele info line.

EDIT I was wrong about the Earned income credit (EIC) so I have corrected my post. Sorry about that.

Peace

8. How come??:confused:

9. I haven't even filed mine yet.

10. Does anyone know if I can get my last years tax filed now? I neglected to do it and missed out on like 300 bucks.

This year I worked for only three months so it would be like 50 bucks.

11. #11 Mr. Mojorising, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2010

Sure Bro as long as you do not owe any taxes you are fine there is no penalty for filing late when you are entitled to a refund. The Gov had been using your money to accumulate interest. They turn a profit on late filers who are due refunds.

You can just file normally just get the 1040 or 1040EZ for the year you did not file and send it in or efile. There is no special procedure to follow as long as you are due a refund.

If you owe the IRS you will be accessed a penalty if they owe you no sweat just file normally with the tax doc for the appropriate year you did not file.

Normally you have about 4 years to do this before you lose your refund the cut off for 2005 comes up this April I believe.

Peace

12. Not true!! Im in my 20s and single and im gettin $2300 back!!!

13. Single, 20's...getting around 4k. I've been waiting on this for a while now. I mean, it was filed pretty quickly and I should get my federal refund this week, but I've needed the money pretty badly for a couple of months. This is mainly due to the fact that I desperately need some new tires for my car. I get extremely paranoid of tire blowouts and driving in the rain/snow b/c of an accident that I had in high school and another accident that my grandmother was involved in...and the weed probably doesn't help either.

Other than that, I'm getting a new tattoo and buying a plane ticket to England to visit some family. The rest is going in the bank, or under my matress...I haven't decided yet.

14. Do you guys that are getting an assload back have kids? Or how much money do you make if you don't mind me asking. I've been working steady for eleven years and the most I have ever gotten back was $350. It seems I have to pay in every couple of years or so.

15. I have no kids, im 22 and make between 35-40 grand a year dependin on overtime n shit.

16. I would say it's this state but it has been true in the three states I have worked in. I don't know. I just know I get it a lot harder than anyone else (taxes, medical, insurance, etc).

17. yes, i get $400 back.....buying a silver surfer with it

18. No kids, but I own a home. That definitely helps. I'm actually unemployed though (since April). Prior to that I was making around $60k/year. I was in sales though (most of my pay was based on commission) and they usually took about half of my paycheck between insurance, 401k, and taxes. I pretty much got everything back that I paid in.

19. am getting back $17,185 back i have a new home and 3 kids so thats why am getting a big refund

20. I wish I had an income to pay taxes on.