introvert=no life

Discussion in 'General' started by smelly green, Feb 9, 2010.

1. im getting to be a very introverted person. this means i don't talk to other people unless they initiate conversation and whatever.

i don't know if it's a self esteem problem or maybe im just shy but i feel like i don't know how...

it really sucks being like this, havnt made many new frieds in a long time, no girls.

idont know what to do. im sure it has nothing to do with weed/drugs

2. Yeah I've always been like this. Simple answer is, speak. When people are talking about something that you can offer your opinion on offer it. Can't hurt! You can outgrow this trust me, I'm still in the process but you can overcome.

3. yea but its suckin dick atm lol

4. Just make a realy effort to i guess be more social with people you know i mean you just have to get over the fear of lookin stupid or being rejected. Even if it goes bad whats the worst that can happen? Just move on,

It's hard as fuck to do i know but it's very worth the effort.

5. #5 full melt, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2010
    Lay off the weed for a couple of months and see if that helps. It can effect some peoples motivation to go out and meet new people. Also, alcohol is a great social lubricant if used sensibly.

Three little birds.

6. im an introvert and i dont have a problem with it :wave:

but i can understand why you'd feel that way.

7. just make comments about shit to yourself in class,work,strores or wherever. people usually chime in on whatever u have to say. im an introvert myself so i know where you're coming from. this kinda helps you get used to initiating conversations.

ex: your at walmart and the line is long as hell, just say somthing about how rediculous the wait is just to buy a can of tuna. most likely someone will respond with something to say, then just let the bullshit flow from there.

thats all i can throw together right now, good luck man.

8. Haha it always sucks dick. Once your realize your life is a bit more of a struggle than everyone elses you will be fine. Trust me, I've realized this and all I gotta do is work a little harder than everyone else to have/make conversation. It's not terrible. Plus if you smoke, you could always talk about smoking with people considering (at least if your in college) about 90% of people smoke weed.

9. weed actually makes me more outgoing and talkative. I'm so on my game when I'm high, telling my stories, getting people to laugh. When I'm sober, I'm not like that at all.

10. Just be yourself man. If you gotta be an introvert for a few months then so be it.
    If its bothering you then you gotta fix things, but dont do anything you dont wanna do.

11. thats true. but when i do that im miserable so im not gonna meet anyone those first 2 days before i say "fuck it im just gonna smoke weed and be happy that way"

i miss high school where everyone was big time stoners and it was easy to make friends. going to a private conservative catholic school sucks :(

12. Try using weed as a social lubricant, it's always fun to talk about.

13. So, smoke weed to be cool?

Just be yourself op, even if you don't know who that is yet

14. Im introverted too. Its really starting to mess with my confidence and relationships with people. Almost borderline SA.

I hope I grow out of it soon

15. You don't have to use it to be cool but you might find a stoner buddy or two that you could wind up being great friends with.

16. Your thinking about it too much. It shouldn't be a chore to interact with other people. That's usually my problem, when I can just relax and not take life so seriously, I actually enjoy interacting with other people, and it just comes naturally.

also, I wouldn't use weed as a social lubricant. I love my Buddha but %90 of girls out there really don't think its cool when you talk about weed.

17. Welcome to my world.

18. 1. I've been severely introverted most of my life since middle high school.

2. If you are interested in finding out your personality type, look here: Personality test based on Jung - Myers-Briggs typology

3. I am an ISTJ, and here are my scores:

Introverted\tSensing\tThinking\tJudging
    Strength of the preferences %
    100\t38\t88\t89

19. i realised after going out with my gf for like 1 1/2 (well maybe earlier ) she is super introverted...

i think if she smoked weed it would be like an instant outlet to meet people you can get along with but i dont think thats her thing

it kinda bothers me cuz i want her to have healthy relationships with other people than just me

20. Suck it up and talk to ppl its not hard at all.... never understood y so many ppl are like that but if ur a nice person somebody will talk bac don't think too hard about it... its only as seriou as u make it.....but yea just suck it up