What the fuck do I tell my parents?

Discussion in 'General' started by ChillinOutHeavy, Dec 14, 2009.

1. I'm a sophomore in college, on academic probation, and I just received my grades and got a B two Cs and and F. The F was the first F I had ever received in my academic career.
    Now I'm on academic dismissal, as in I got kicked the fuck out when my parents think I'm doing decent. They knew my GPA was low, but they(even myself) thought it would improve this semester. Holy fuck.

I was at Auburn University the previous year, then transferred in state(GA).

I found out about an hour ago, how the fuck do I tell my parents?

2. You tell them you failed and got kicked out.

What are they going to do, disown you? You got more important things to worry about than your parents reaction to your fail.

3. To community College you go!

4. AH shit man, well... what did you do this year to fuck up so badly?

I hate to say it, but isn't it kind of your own fault?

I mean, I think I'm doing okay here in first year, but I'll probably get a really bad mark in my one class...

5. hell yeah its my own fault, i took a a Programming class because my plan was to be a computer science major since high school. Then this semester I realized that is the last god damn thing that I want to do.

6. I was in the same exact situation last spring quarter, i told my parents and they were surprisingly not mad. You just need to admit your mistakes, go to a JC for awhile and get your priorities settled, then go back to school when you feel ready. I'm not going back til spring quarter, with a new major and completely different outlook on my academic life, like this semester i got back to my old study habits and am probably getting a high 3 GPA. If they go ape shit about how you were wasting time drinking/smoking/whatever you do, explain that you are obviously not the only one doing it in college. I managed to fail my first class ever last year and it was Calc, a class i had trouble with in High School too, and thats what got me kicked out, so i talked to my dad about how it was a reoccurring problem, just this one was way more expensive lol.

7. Maybe you should like, chill out less heavy, yo.

Just a suggestion :)

8. Gotta face the music, bro.

9. Why didn't you just withdraw? There is no excuse for failing a class because you can always withdraw before it gets to that point. Either way, you have to tell your parents the truth because there is no way around it.

10. So...

You were doing okay, and then lost interest, and instead of trying to drop the classes/switch/alternative you just slacked off?

Well, maybe this will be a lesson. Now you gotta face the music.

11. When I failed my last trimester (trimesters suck) of college I just told my parents the truth: I wasn't responsible enough to wake up early and brave the winter to get to class so I stopped going. :confused_2:

They were pissed but they got over it.

12. lol too true
    telling them that my grades are shit isn't the only thing, most likely going to have to break this apartment lease with my best friend and move back to the parents house

13. This.

I had to leave my university for personal reasons (the girl I was living with broke up with me, kicked me out of the house, then started dating my best friend and I could not mentally bear to stay in the same university)

Now I'm in community college, which is cheap and close by. The students and professors are a little on the easy side, but it's a fine choice. I'm fucking itching to get back into academia. As much as I like my work, I'd rather be in a chemistry lab than in an engine room any day...

14. Hahaha this mad me laugh. i go to a penn statellie campus. Its like community college. I call it South Harmon Institute of technology cuz only people who didnt get accepted to other schools go there

15. Thats always pleasant. Have fun being your parents bitch for a good minute! :D:wave:

16. lol you lazy fuck. ;)

17. Wow man. Just fucking WOW. I thought I could be lazy. That's some shit right there though.

18. #18 DirtyPete, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2009
    Having to walk 1/2 mile to class every day in the winters of Rochester NY at 8AM and being surrounded by practically all guys will fuck with your head in weird ways my friend.

It's also a longer story than that, I was pretty much positive I was going to get kicked out so that was the real reason I stopped going (not for academic reasons).

For some reason they let a lot of shit slide. By the time they told me I wasn't getting kicked out it was too late to redeem my last trimester anyway.

19. Also see if you can appeal to some committee in the school. A lot of things like this are reversable if a person makes the effort.

20. I'm in the same boat only I'm in community college lol. I took a programming class and failed it, along with another CINS class and math. Crashed and burned. I like programming, but I'm just not sure if it's for me any more. I still haven't told them... they're paying my tuition, that's why I'm putting it off. I'm paying them back but they're still going to go ape shit.