The kid who got lit on fire over 40 bucks

Discussion in 'General' started by KundaliniRising, Oct 15, 2009.

1. #1 KundaliniRising, Oct 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2009
    Well I was just reading an article about it, and I ask only this question.

HOW FUCKING STUPID IS THIS KID WHO GOT LIT ON FIRE!!???

DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. (Oct. 14) -- Five teenagers were charged with aggravated battery Tuesday for dousing a 15-year-old with rubbing alcohol and setting him on fire after a dispute over money owed and an attempted bicycle theft, authorities said.
    Michael Brewer was hospitalized with burns on more than three-quarters of his body after the attack at a Deerfield Beach, Fla., apartment complex Monday.

The Broward County Sheriff's Office said in a news release that 15-year-olds Matthew Bent, Denver Jarvis, Steven Shelton and Jesus Mendez and 13-year-old Jeremy Jarvis were charged with aggravated battery. Mendez was also charged with attempted second-degree murder because authorities say he flicked the lighter.
    The victim's brother-in-law, Danny Martinez, told the South Florida Sun Sentinel that Brewer is in serious condition but doing OK.
    He was burned on his torso and arms, sheriff's spokesman Jim Leljedal said. Family members said most of his hair, including his eyelashes, had also been burned off.
    "In my 31 years, you always say, 'It's the most heinous crime I've seen,'" Broward County Sheriff Al Lamberti told the Miami Herald. "In this case, this one fits in that category.''
    Police say Brewer had borrowed $40 from Bent to buy a video game but never paid him back. When Bent tried to steal a bike belonging to Brewer's father, Brewer called police.
    Brewer refused to attend classes at Deerfield Beach Middle School on Monday because of the bicycle incident Sunday, authorities said.
    Instead of going to school, Brewer went to the apartment complex to visit a friend. He told deputies that while he was sitting by the swimming pool, he was splashed with a flammable liquid and set ablaze.
    A neighbor heard his screams for help and put out the flames with a fire extinguisher, said Malissa Durkee, Brewer's sister. The teen then ripped off his shirt and jumped into the pool.
    Brewer is expected to remain hospitalized for five months, Martinez said.
    Bent and the Jarvis brothers were in court Tuesday and were ordered held in a juvenile detention center for 21 days. The Fort Lauderdale Sun Sentinel reported that attorney Stephen Melnick said Jeremy Jarvis was "just there. He was not accused of actually doing it." Attorneys for the other two said they were "minimally involved."
    The five were not charged as adults, but Leljedal said the sheriff's office typically releases the names of anyone charged with a felony, regardless of age.
    The Sun Sentinel said that all five boys had prior criminal records.

What the fuck kid??? You were right by a fucking swimming pool, why didn't you jump in that motherfucker as soon as you got lit on fire? Instead you just burned alive for a lil bit til your neighbor sprayed you with a fire extinguisher, and THEN jumped in the pool, after taking your shirt off no less. Everyone knows its impolite to go in the pool with a dirty lighter fluid soaked shirt right?

Man, this kid probably deserves to be dead if he doesn't have enough sense to jump into a body of water when he's on fire.

2. Maybe there were a million other things running through his head when he was randomly LIT ON FIRE

gee, cut him some slack. Sure, he didnt jump in the swimming pool. But I doubt he expected to be lit up like a chubby either.

3. deserved it....where is the common sence

4. why are people so fucked up?

5. because the human race has there flaws:smoke:

i know i would have rolled into the pool the instance i relized i was one fire

he dident really deserve it that bad but what goes around comes around maann

6. Damn, dude. I guess the OP would keep his wits about him when he's fucking on fire.

But, no, he doesn't deserve 5 months in the hospital and over 3/4 of his body being burned because he's stupid.

7. I personally wouldve given the nearest guy that lit me on fire a BIG OLE HUG:hello:

8. Who ever would have thought JESUS would do this to somebody?

But for real though, thats super fucked up to do i dont care who you are. The kids just sittin there and gets splashed with alcohol out of nowhere, probably tryin to just register what happend to him and the fact he was on fire probably confused and scared the poor kid beyond fuckin belief. Anyone has the sense to jump in the pool you would think, so i say the reason he didnt do it as soon as he could is because he was stunned at what was happening.

You might say, "but he was by a poool!" but read what i said above^

9. LOL!!

Well he was obviously on fire for quite awhile, I mean there was enough time for his neighbor to grab a fire extinguisher, run outside and then put him out. He could stopped dropped and rolled into the water long before his neighbor got there. Maybe that school district didn't teach kids about stop drop and roll yet, ah well he still has 4 years left for them to teach him, cuz god forbid he doesn't learn it and ends up doing flaming shots while he's in college and burns his face too. Like "AHHH! MY FACE IS ON FIRE! WHAT DO I DO!!??" while running in circles, not trying to pat his face out, just waiting for a friend to spray his face with a fire extinguisher or throw a glass of water at him, haha, or if his friends are anything like him, they might try to throw their shots at his face to put him out.

10. Goddamn, what an absolute fucking moron. I can't feel the least bit sorry for someone who's too stupid to jump into water when they're on fire.

11. :confused:

12. If his face was on fire opening his eyes would have caused his eyeballs to get burned (yes they can burn)

it would have left him blind

they said his hair and eyebrows were lit on fire

im guessing that his head was on fire

none of you have probably been on fire before
    just a guess

if his body is burned that badly its evident that these young men used a serious amount of liquid on him

jumping in the pool was probably the last thing on his mind

just imagine being all of a sudden lit on fire...
    your eyebrows get burned off
    your hair gets burned off

you arent going to be doing any seeing
    or intellegent moving
    until you are no longer on fire

13. he could see, he jumped in the pool afterward

if i was on fire, something tells me the first thing i would be doing was trying to put myself out, and everybody knows that water puts out fire (most fires anyways)

i cant say from experience, but i would think that anybody with half a fucking brain would go straight for the water

i agree with Blutteufel %100

14. excruciating pain can cloud your mind ya know?

especially if its like your fuckin head on fire or something

15. And that is why you don't borrow things and not repay them.

Harsh lesson though, that's for sure.

16. Feel bad for the kid, but he should've jumped in the pool and should not have borrowed 40$ if he couldn't pay it back.

17. I would have done the stop drop and roll into the pool then plot for revenge

18. I mean yeah for a sec i would be life WTF IM ON FIRE then the next thing would be oh theres a fuckin pool full of magical liquid that just happens too put fire out i mean sure i would be fucking blind lol but i think i could find my way too it befor my dick burnt off:mad:

19. Maybe he didn't know he was on fire he was just like WHAT THE FUCK! :p

edit: but actually I feel bad for the kid :dunno:

20. dont knock the kid for not jumping in right away. have u ever been lit on fire? im sure a bunch of shit is going through your mind, not oh fuck i should go jump in the pool right away. BUT, nonetheless i think i wouldve jumped in right away lol