Froot Loops don't have real fruit?!

Discussion in 'General' started by stoner_lukas, Sep 29, 2009.

1. 'Froot' Is Not Fruit, San Francisco Lawsuit Alleges - San Francisco News - The Snitch

A San Francisco man has filed a lawsuit, after buying and eating boxes of Fruit Loops, but finding no real fruit.

The story is quite hilarious, but the implications of it are not. What is going on in this country GC? Everybody is so sue happy. All you hear, constantly, is about how so-and-so is going to sue such-and-such for something that can usually be chalked up to human error, or just plain stupidity.

I understand the validity of some lawsuits. But there have been an increasing number of lawsuits like these over the past years. "False advertising" or "misuse of services" has just been a clever cop-out for the money greedy in this country.

Let's hear some thoughts GC. How do you feel about how sue-happy this country has become?

2. welcome to people exploiting loopholes like a bunch of assholes.

Some people man, they just have no self worth or respect for anyone elses shit.

3. Ive been sick of it for a while. Especially after the guy who sued McDonalds for the coffee being to hot after he spilled it on himself. Or people who try to sue fast food restaurants because they get fat, Please

4. I'm going to sue Mentos because their product never helped me solve a problem in an unusual manner

5. Exactly.

My sister is like this, unfortunately. She went on for months about how she was going to sue Ruby Tuesday because she got a nasty burn on her mouth from eating one of their burgers (the grease had run out and burnt the shit out of her face :laughing:). I asked her if she would have been happier with a cold burger, and she said no, so I told her to shut the fuck up.

6. LOL
    owned.

7. The McDonald's lawsuit was a serious lawsuit.

This, however, is frivolous. The attorney should be sanctioned.

8. I fail to see how the McDonald's lawsuit was serious.

Coffee is HOT. People advertise HOT coffee, not lukewarm coffee, or coffee "just under skin burning point." If you buy something hot, and spill it on yourself, it's nobody's fault but yours.

9. It's crazy anymore...

Civil lawsuits cost the US economy over 200 billion dollars per year! According to the US Federal News, every taxpayer in the US is now paying a “lawsuit tax” of around $700 – $800 per year. It is no surprise that personal injury lawyers are thriving in the States and that the law schools are packed to overflowing with potential new lawyers. This list takes a look at some of the bizarre lawsuits that these lawyers have had to handle – some dealing with personal injury lawsuits, and others with cases so weird that they lack a category entirely. This list deals with recent lawsuits only.

Top 10 Bizarre or Frivolous Lawsuits - Listverse

I kinda disagree with the bolded part up there....Had to handle? I think a lot of the cases are snatched up by lawyers in hopes of becoming famousand cashing in on a huge chunk of money....hence, why they take these cases with no fees up front..."If we don't win, you don't pay" :rolleyes:

10. Its fucking bullshit. Last Feb my back got fucked up when i was in an auto accident. My case just got filed last month because the court systems are so overflowed, with half of the cases being for some bullshit personal injury or someone trying to scam someone else.

11. I TOTALLY agree with you about bogus lawsuits.

But the Mcdonalds lawsuit was actually a valid case, and the jury sided with her for a reason. McDonald's knew it's coffee was being served too hot, and had had numerous, recorded complaints and injuries.

http://www.vanosteen.com/mcdonalds-coffee-lawsuit.htm

12. what do you mean froot loops have no fruit in them,the title does say froot loops?

13. what the fuck they dont? :(

14. Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dude, 3rd degree burns from coffee!? C'mon now.

15. contrary to common belief, excessive litigation has been a serious problem since the Roman Empire. There really hasn't been an increase, nor is it just an American phenomenon. The only thing that has increased is the population of people who have access to a judicial system and an increase of private institutions to target, otherwise its nearly proportional.

conclusion: as long as justice systems stay viable as a relatively cheap and easy avenue for personal gain, lazy, unscrupulous people will continue to exploit it.

Now someone think of a system that would work better than the one we have now :D

16. Do you know that Mc Donalds increased the temperature of there coffee a lot. Which would create 3rd degree burns.. Learn more to the story before you post about it, and Mikkie D's was breaking the law doing so. So that WOMEN did have the right to file suit . The other one is fkin rediculous:wave:
    Edit: Imagine getting ur balls burned off by searing hot coffee, or getting ur vag filled with it.. Yea sux huh?

17. yeah i remember hearing about this dude that broke in into some dudes house,tripped over something, fell, and broke a bone and he sued the owner of the home(and won)

18. Seriously, how fucking STUPID are some people. /facepalm

19. I stayed at a Holiday Inn, woke up, and still didn't know CPR.

They can expect a court notice from me soon.

20. Sueing mcdonalds for coffee being too hot is stupid. You're supposed to take sips not spill it on you. I wish I had a murder button..