Today I got a 1908 nickel *EDIT: Now this is also to share your rare coins*

Discussion in 'General' started by Eggplant, Sep 16, 2009.

1. I sold all my liberty halves and carson city dollars...I needed money.

I need money again today, I've got 5 bucks to my name so I'm going to go see what I can get for my 1896-s quarter.

I also have a 1916-d mercury dime I'm gonna see how much I can get for it.

2. @pete bummer man but you gotta do what u gotta do sometimes i guess. I hope you find a desperate buyer for those coins and you make a buncha dough. I don't have dimes that old just mercury's from late 30s to 40s. I wonder if anyone is going to get me any old coins this yr for xmas I think some people have been hinting. My favorite coin is the Peace Dollar and I don't have one yet!

3. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I found both of these the first one is from 1979 and its a dollar

the second does not say how old it is but its a dollar... i dont think they are rare but i found them cool :eek:

4. ^ those are both neat coins I see them everyday I work in the cash register, not so much as the susan b. though I do see them and have a couple. They are minting 4 US presidents a year on the gold dollars and I hear one native american. Abe is out na.

5. no crazy american coins here. I have a silver half dollar franklin half
    [​IMG]

some other silver pieces. The oldest "pieces of currency" i have is an 1844 russian coin. I actually found it on the ground in my hometown, in ukraine, when i was about 12. It's a big ol' bronze coin that says "3 coin in silver" on the front, and it has the Nicholas 1st sign on the back. The other one is also from old czarist russia and it's an 1898 bank note. That thing is in ok shape, i kinda wanna go get it laminated so it doesn't fall apart on me. I really wanna know how much these 2 are worth.

6. #66 ganjitup!!!, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2010
    Yo this is a 1908 V-nickel, i actually have a few. They are worth 1-5 dollars a piece. so ther you go, made that dollar back already. hey i have almost all pennies that have been minted since 1909 except for around 30 (ultra rare coins worth hundreds of times their face value). if you need any help i got you

7. I have a few silver dollars and half dollars. I also have the two gold dollar coins.

My granddad collected a lot of them but my mom has them right now

8. finally found a pic of the ones i was talking about
    [​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

9. Oh yeah, I also have lots of coins from all over the world. I wouldnt say its rare but its still cool. Ill post pics when I can

10. there are more than just two gold coins right na. Check it out all the presidents from george to abe right na.

I've got about 50-60 dollars in canadian change in hoppes to buy a bag of bc bud someday. :hello::hello:

I also have money from all around the world from my dad from his travels in the wars. I enjoy collecting old american money though. That and brand new coins I find in the cash register to preserve their mint luster.

Make sure yall check out the pix on page 3.