does an arrest warrant show up on a background check?

Discussion in 'General' started by stonerchick8807, Sep 11, 2009.

1. a few years ago i got a ticket for not wearing a seat belt and i forgot about it and they sent me a letter saying if i didnt have the fine paid (it went up to 365 dollars because of court costs and shit) by a certain date that a warrant for my arrest would be made. i dont live in that county anymore and i called them to try and make a payment arrangement and they told me they wanted it all at once and that if and when i got pulled over i would be arrested. i got pulled over the other night and my license was ran and nothing came up but what im wondering is
    a job i applied for wants to hire me and they gave me a paper to take to the police dept to get a background check done. will this show up? i dont want to walk into the police dept and be arrested when they run my name. i have to do this tomorrow if im going to get the job
    plzz help!

2. Yeah, it'll show up

3. I've never heard of a company requiring somebody to go to a police station to have a background check run. That's the company's responsibility, since they have to pay for it.

I could be wrong though.

4. Thats the same thing i was thinking, Ive NEVER heard of a company having a could-be employee doing this.

5. Maybe they already ran the background check, saw the warrant, and now are just trying to get her to turn herself in :p

I hope not though...that would suck

6. You do not go to the police station, you go to the County Courthouse. Since you never appeared, a warrant will not show up usually, if varies from state to state and even county to county. I have had to do it twice, both times my state jacket comes up but not my Federal, att he Federal courthouse it is oppostie, my fed case comes up, but not my state. If you have never been convicte dof a felony, I would not worry about it.

less

7. thanks. its for a church. my grandmother works there in the nursery with all the little bad ass kids and she wants me to work there with her on sunday nights to help her. i dont mind. i need the extra money. im going to go sometime today. wish me luck:D

8. I'm not sure if the situation is the same where you are but in canada when you need a records check for something like that. it will only show things relating to being a risk to vulnerable people. You could be a hardened car thief and it'll come back clean

9. If you go to a police station with that they will run a warrant search. Go directly to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

How about this-- pay the ticket and get rid of the warrant?

10. People with jobs and money never cease to amaze me with their inability to understand how the world works for people without jobs and money.  Yes!  Of course!  Why didn't he think of that!?  He can just pay the fine and get rid of the warrant!!!  Great! Now, where, without a job, will he get this money to pay the fine?  It's a catch 22 that is affecting mass Americans.  They have fines that they have to pay in order to be someone that someone wants to hire, but without already having already been hired, theres no way to pay the fine.  And yet, this logic seems to be more then most employers can grasp.