I feel so depressed i jus wanna die

Discussion in 'General' started by akos789, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Ok now that I have your attention ..... NO i'm not some emo fag kid. But I do have a problem.

I've been best friends with my step-brother for about 10 years now theres basically nothing I don't know about him and vica versa.... but it seems in the past couple years are lives are heading down different roads. Hes turned to Christianity and basically become a through-n-through religous nut. Now I would usually never have a problem with this but its gotten so bad in the past 6 months that he has basically stopped playing many games and doesnt really watch mainstream movies anymore.

But the reason I'm posting all this is because of something he said to me just a couple hours ago.... We basically never talk about the fact that i smoke Ganj because he thinks its evil..... and today he was trying to lecture me on how Mary Jane is actually an evil sprit that enters your body through smoking pot.... I didnt even know what to say to this but I told him that he had deeply insulted me and I'm debating on wether I should ever even talk to him again, what do you guys think? am i jus being a panzy

2. if he can't respect you and your decisions i would say take a break from talking to him until you sort out what to do.

3. Whether you get along or not, hes your step brother. MAybe you two sit down and come to an agreement to not speak about MJ anymore. Do other things that dont involve smoking. Chill with him, do things he likes to do to build your relationship back up.

4. Get this kid in therapy before he straps a bomb to his chest and runs into a mall

and oh yeah. never talk to him again unless he snaps out of it, you don't need people like that around you, they are of no benefit to have.

5. o_o His views on pot make me smile. xD If he truly belives that an evil spirit goes into you when you smoke, I suggest you get him to watch a movie called "The Union." If that doesn't change his opinion, nothing will.

At least you didn't bust out cracking up in his face like I probably would have. That probably would have pissed him off. xD But the fact that he thinks some spirit will possess you makes me think that there's something seriously wrong with his judgement. No offense.

6. You're definitely just being a pansy. Sorry, but it's the truth.

Look, people change. If he's found religion then it's likely something that has profoundly changed his life. The proper approach would be to tell him "I understand your views about marijuana now, but I would like you to respect that my views on it are radically different. I will respect your views if you continue to respect mine. Perhaps this is just something we will have to agree to disagree on."

If that doesn't jive with him, then maybe you two need a break for a little bit. Respect his new found lifestyle and hope that he will respect yours. Not everybody you ever come across is going to be a pothead or agree with marijuana use, and not every pothead will forever partake of the sweet herb. Don't get depressed over it, it's just the way life is.

7. Either take a break from talking to him...or just avoid conversations on that topic...just simply tell him that your opinions differ on the topic and any discussion of it won't really solve anything. There's more to life/conversations than the sweet, sweet herb.

8. Agree to disagree, that's it. You can't change him and he can't change you. Priests, Rabbis, and Reverends have 3 different entire views about life, but still can handle each other enough. You got to get to the point where there is things you won't like about him and he won't like about you. You can believe what you want and he can believe what he wants. Just remember your still friends, and if you both should work on putting your differences aside.

9. A lot of Christians go through this kind of thing. It happens early in their christianity. They are incredibly close-minded and believe pretty much everything is evil. If he's lucky he'll grow out of it, but a lot of Christians don't. My parents were exactly the same when I was younger. I couldn't do anything with my friends because apparantly what they were doing was evil. We were 7. Go figure.
    Anyway my parents are pretty much the opposite if that now. They still believe in god, as do I, but are incredibly relaxed about everything. I think you might just need to give him time. He'll realise it ain't much fun being Mr. Goody two shoes all the time and relax a bit.

10. #10 LCM, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2009
    Tell him you are entitled to your own opinions as much as he is entitled to his and that there will be problems if either of you try to force your beliefs onto one another. That's the problem with organized religion, instead of a way of uniting people it turns into one more thing we can find different about each other and gives motive for some to act on those differences.

11. Im picturing your step brother posting a similar story on a Church forum...LMAO

12. strap him down and shove in a bong in his face and start to yell out the power of christ compels you!...no jk dont do that.

13. Well if you really want to fuck with his head you can always say, "well according to the BIBLE God said in Genesis 1:29 "And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food. Not to mention the oil Jesus would use to help heal people, was made from the khane-bosum (aka Cannabis) flowers to produce an olive oil for anointing. That and there are some other things in the bible but i cant remember off the top of my head.

And i don't think you're being a panzy, he just is on his jesus horse right now. so don't fret too much. :smoke:

14. I wouldn't get so depressed. It is probably just a phase.

My friend went kind of the same way, walking around thinking he was jesus, trying to heal people. That dude did way too much LSD.

15. well... i wouldn't even confront him about it. just chill out and not take it personally. and the thing about you "being a panzy" well if you take it personally i'd say, YEAH. but yeah as he said up there, he's on his jesus horse. hahahaha. too bad im a jew and dont understand the power of "jesus" hahahahaha i HATE overly religious people.

16. HAHAHAH, thank you.

you made my day +rep

17. hahahaha ^^

but if he cant accept what you do, look past it and still treat you like a brother , then give it a break maybe he'll realize hes being a giant douche