UPS pickup help

Discussion in 'General' started by sir hits-a-lot, Jul 27, 2009.

1. So I ordered some stuff off the internet and I figured my parents would confiscate it if it showed up at my house so I shipped it to my friend's apartment but I fucked up the apartment number and so I have it being held under my friend's name at the UPS store. The lady over the phone said I needed a photo ID to pick the package up. I was just wondering how much they enforce this or whatever and if other people have experience with this. My friend may not be able to come with me tomorrow and tomorrow is the last day that they'll hold my package.

2. Uh, they won't give it to you. It was shipped in a different name, that name not being yours. This is common sense. Anyone could go there then and pick up any package.

How old are you?

3. whose name is on the package? yours or your friends? and why would this be a problem? lack of photo id?

4. Yea, if its his name on the package then he needs to be there.. if he can't your not getting that package. sry bro.

5. I'm 19 on the 30th

His name is on the package. He's got a driver's license but he just might not be able to come.

Does anyone know about authorizing someone else to pick it up for you?

6. Try calling your local UPS store in the morning and find out. Tell them the situation, but I don't see them giving it to you.
    Honestly this is your best bet, they will tell you a for sure yes or no. Anything any of us say is going to be a guess.

Good luck.

7. thanks. well anyway if it doesn't work out I can just order some new shit cause I'm fuckin loaded and money aint no thang.

8. Why not just get an apartment and have that shit shipped there?

9. More convenient to just ship it to my buddy's place. And I'm not THAT loaded lol