Is this ridiculous or what? IRELAND OUTLAWS BLASPHEMY

Discussion in 'General' started by NotRealyNotHere, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Also Irish, also Atheist. That's ridiculous. Is it real?

2. Does this mean if I go to Ireland I can't wear any of my metal band shirts there? Alot could be deemed blasphemous.

3. Yeah I was on another forum and they were all ranting about it to so I decided to bring it here it sounds pretty real.

4. Its one of those one size fits all laws so I'm assuming that anything someone claims to be blasphemous could be deemed blasphemous.

5. Damn dude that blows.

6. This a ridiculous step backwards in society. I never would have guessed this would happen in this age of free speech. This is the stupidest law enacted since weed became illegal.

So who gets to judge what is 'blasphemous"? Define blasphemous. The problem i have is no ones beliefs can be any more right than anyone elses, so what's blasphemous to Christians might be sacred to voodoo practicioners, and vice-versa, so what, do they both get charged with blasphemy?

This is why i hate religion, all it does is divide people to bring them closer to some god with ridiculous rules he didn't even make up.

7. #8 NotRealyNotHere, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2009

And thats why governments like Ireland make laws like this so they can control the masses easier.

8. wow..thats ridiculous..
    you know.. many countries have some pretty ridiculous laws..ive read a few..and i think this one makes it to the top 10.

i hope that law isnt permanent.

thats ridiculous

9. i can not wait for the day that people decide to open thier eyes stop being brainwashed and see the truth, there is no god, and even if there were, to think he would care about what 1 or even millions of little carbon units in the backwoods of the milkyway galaxy in the whole of the universe. well, thats pretty arrogant of the faithful eh!.

btw would not that make Ireland as bad as afganistan, you cant say things that are blashpemus there. so the level of freedom is now the same as in muslim thoecratices, NICE!

10. I call bullshit, I need more proof than the Paliban Daily telling me so.

11. So this is the start of the modern day witch hunt era... I never thought it would start with Ireland.

I'll go get my lynchin rope :smoke:

But seriously, this is horrible... Sets ireland back several hundred years in the ideology department.

This is only if it's real.

I'm still not 100% convinced here. Kinda sounds like bull shit.

12. What exactly is "God". The only way I could see this working is if "God" refers to one entity?

13. Sounds like the work of fianna fail and the DUP combined :eek:

Not sure if its real but sounds fake

14. I'm pretty sure it is real I googled it and from what I read it seems very real:(

15. Yea just found out it was, but all some Irish people I was talking too were saying they cant really enforce it.

I guess thats what ya get when you combine church and state

16. my sister studied in ireland for a year and she said most of the college aged irish people aren't religious whatsoever. i think america is actually a more religious country but i don't have any stats to back that up.

17. Holy shit, this is for real. What the heck is going on over there?

18. Its not a actual law, it hasnt been voted on yet.