Places to move to in cali?rent/roomate

Discussion in 'General' started by Equanox1, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Place to rent, like an apartment or place to roomate with someone. or sumwhere. got any suggestions?

anybody got any suggestions. I'm seriously, seriously thinking about moving to Cali. in 6months. I have nothing left here in NC. I'm down to nothing again now, with no job or money, and no friends, i dont trust anyone anymore, not a soul. and i really think getting away for good and starting a completely NEW life would be so beneficial to me, and maybe i could actually experience what is described as happiness. marijuana i have now is only temporary happiness and only puts a small shadow over all my problems and all the bad things in my life and how ive always been miserable, just as skateboarding does. It helps me as well.

So... I'm looking to moving to cali.
    anybody got any suggestions for a newcomer? or even a someone i can roomate with, or pay rent to?
    Im not looking to do this move for 6months. possibly before 6months, but i doubt it, cause I'm going to have to save up quite a bit of cash.
    Oh! and if i can get a MMJ card, cool, but if not I'm still going to try 3 or 4plants. maybe... depending on where im at and for how long.
    Getting a job is going to be one of my FIRST main things when or maybe even before i make the move to cali.
    and i already know the cost of living in cali is quite a bit higher than in NC but i can do it, i just need to get a job, or do what i know for a fact would make me happy and make me money as well :eek:

2. Try Craigslist.org. They have people that are looking for roommates, and places for rent.

3. Man I hate to say it, but your best bet is to have $ when you move. The last thing you want to happen is to be dependent on someone you just met.

Good luck in your journey, at one point I was just like you, moved from STL to PDX and even with the culture shock, it was the best move I have ever made.

4. #4 ZarTheDragon, Jul 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2009
    Find a job first.
    Look for a place in the valley... if you wanna go socal...
    or pasadena....or yeah theres a grip of places to find roomates...
    and if you making some good income you move to a pretty cool place.

or you can go to college and live in the dorms....idk how old you are...or if youve finished college
    but that could work

5. This.
    And this.
    Hope everything works out!

6. ya, definetly find a job before you move, but if you must move w/o first having a job out here(as i was 4 years ago) then make sure you come out here with enough money to support yourself for the time YOU ARE looking for a job. I bought a one way ticket from houston to san diego and had about $8000 with me. But i had a couple friends that i was staying with while i was finding a job, which only took me 2 weeks(Target).

Then me and a buddy that had moved out here a couple weeks b4 me found a 1 bdr and basically turned it into a 2 bdr. That was an overpriced place right by SDSU that was $925. I lived in Ocean Beach in a 3bdrm with friends and it was $1735. Im now in Bankers Hill and paying $800 for a large studio.

There are areas in san diego anywhere from $500+
    The cities east of san diego are cheaper, check El Cajon, Santee, La Mesa, Lakside, also to the north esondido, carlsbad, and basically all of North County. Also South of san diego is Chula Vista, National City, Eastlake, San Ysidro, Tijuana.
    The above listed cities^^ will all generally be cheaper in rent rather than central san diego or anywhere by the beach.

check Craigslist san diego and then their are sections for NORTH, SOUTH & EAST county

7. I found my current place through craigslist. The valley sucks, but it's cheap. I'm payin $400/mo for the master bedroom in a 3bd house, pretty kickass deal. But then again there isn't a goddamned thing to do around here, and it's hotter than Satan's asshole after an indian food binge. So it has it's pros and cons :D LMK if you can't get a place anywhere else and might end up in the valley, I don't have any available rooms but at least you'll have someone to hang out with and smoke with lol

8. Some info/things to think about

California:
    Tax Hell
    Everything is illegal
    There is no money here, literally; and it will be a long time before there will be any.
    If you like guns, don't bother.
    If you like knives, don't bother.
    Unrealistically expensive, go figure.
    We got the chronic
    We got the beaches
    There's decent mountain biking
    Fire season sucks
    We have the best dirt biking location in the world, the Mojave.
    There are large amounts of religious fanatics out here.
    Getting shot at is not a common occurrence*
    The smaller the town, the nastier the Pigs
    To find good friends, rave.
    Get yourself a police scanner
    Red sports cars are targets.
    You cannot afford a house
    If you get the chance to ditch your car, do it. Walking/biking is healthier and cheaper.
    If you have money, any money, stack that shit and do not flaunt it.
    Get out as soon as you can

Extremely revised experience of living here for over a decade.

**Depends on age, race, location, profession, and how you handle yourself**

9. Alright, ill deff consider all of these things.
    And thanks everybody for some suggestions and what not. yeah my top priority will be to get a job first over here and save some $$$ and then get a job as top priority when i get to cali. or before.

if anyone else has good suggestions... im open to em. but if not.... just let this thread sink, ill keep going to it for future reference.