HR 45 Law to change fire arm regulations ,buying etc

Discussion in 'General' started by NothingButDANK, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Here is A E-Mail I got and am simply passing it a long to all of you...

I looked this up, the full text of the bill can be found here. [​IMG]http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-4

and on Snopes at www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp
    Reminiscent of prohibition, and we all know how well that went! Outlaw guns and only outlaws have guns!

I've checked this out...true & very scary!!!

YOU THOUGHT IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN HERE!

WELL, HERE IT COMES!!!!

HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009
    Please send this to everybody on your list... this is guncontrol by secrecy.

Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House. This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009. We just learned yesterday about this on the Peter Boyles radio program.
    Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because it is flying under the radar..

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this "little" piece of legislation would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

.It is registered

.You are fingerprinted
    .You supply a current Driver's License
    .You supply your Social Security #
    .You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing
    .Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25
    - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a
    year in jail.

There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Guns must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. The penalty is 10 years in prison!

The government would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up
    to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this..
    Text of H.R.45 as Introduced in House: Blair... OpenCongress

It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along.

FAILURE TO DO SO AT YOUR PERIL!

Any hunters in your family - pass this along.

Peter Boyles is on this and having guests. Listen to him on KHOW 630 a.m. in the morning.

He suggests the best way to fight this is to tell all your friends about it and "spring into action".

Also he suggests we all join a pro-gun group like the Colorado Rifle Association, hunting associations, gun clubs JPFO (JEWS FOR THE PRESERVATION OF FIREARMS OWNERSHIP) and especially the GOA and NRA..

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns
    and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away
    a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

YOU MAY NOT OWN OR EVEN LIKE GUNS, but if you LOVE FREEDOM, YOU better get involved NOW!!!

TOMORROW YOU MAY NOT HAVE AN OPTION.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.

The Second Amendment... America's original homeland security

Damn Liberals, if you voted for them, YOU are the problem.for not studying the results of YOUR actions

We need to keep our damn guns!

2. brb buying a gun

3. ok im a bit confused.

I dont like the sound of this bill but mabye im reading it wrong or something, but if what you say right in the quote is true....then doesnt that mean guns wont be illegal? it would just require more paperwork, and penaltys if you werent following the code?

4. #4 NothingButDANK, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2009
    The whole thing is that they are chipping away at your rights...take for example like cigarettes...
    First you couldn't smoke on school campuses...Then you couldn't smoke by them...Then you couldn't smoke in bars...Now they are taxing them more and more...they are slowly chipping away at the tobacco industries. This is what they are trying to do with guns and all the people just need to say no and put a end to this.

Edit: Not to mention Obama is trying to make some retarded law and how many bullets you can buy a month...DOWN WITH OBAMA...hes 2 faced...Also he said it is a waste of resources to have the DEA hunt and shut down Medical Clinics but yet I opend the paper yesterday to see that they are trying to shut down a grip load of clinics in L.A. ALSO Obama gave a speech trying to regulate cigarettes BUT what does he do that night? Spark a nice ol Marlboro Red...BOOOOO OBAMA im glad I didn't vote for him...RON PAUL!!!

5. this is so fucked.

6. Ummm, I did not honestly read the entire OP (weird fonts, sizes, etc) but the new rules seem fair. There should be strict background checks and mental health should definitely be evaluated, too many lunatics buy guns...

7. #7 full melt, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2009
    I love it when raving republicans try to order people around.

8. Try to order people around? If you disagree with it then do something about it...I am not ordering people around...but I love it when liberals accept when their rights get taken away from the government. The founding fathers created the 2nd ammendment for a reason, you should really look into it...being the 4th of July and all.

9. Dude, I don't want to start shit because admittedly I don't have a wide array of background in the US Constitution but it always pisses me off when people whine about it because do you think the "founding fathers" really fucking knew there would be automatic rifles and "cop killer" bullets, hollow point bullets, etc when they wrote it???

Fuck no. I'm not trying to start anything but that document is old as fuck you can't take everything in it 100% literally, you gotta take it with a grain of salt. There are plenty of wack jobs out there who buy guns and kill people and it really doesn't matter if everyone had a gun to protect themselves, they would still get shot and/or killed.

Again not trying to start anything and my language is just how I usually speak :smoke:

10. Yeah, and? You think by making it harder for your average working American to purchase a gun it will lower crime? Not at all the people who are commiting crimes are not buying their guns in the local gun stores. (This is if you are talking for self defence against other people). The 2nd amendment was created as a last result for the people against a unfair unjust government.

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
    --Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824.

"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."
    --Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796. ME 9:341

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the Body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind . . . Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."
    --Thomas Jefferson, Letter to his nephew Peter Carr, August 19, 1785.

"No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms (within his own lands or tenements)."
    --Thomas Jefferson: Draft Virginia Constitution with (his note added), 1776. Papers, 1:353

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria in On Crimes and Punishment (1764).

Redchrons- Haha alright just wasn't too sure...just with text you cant get tone of voice so I thought it was a attack but now it wasn't and just a debate:smoke:.

11. both kill people so getting rid of them isnt really a bad thing

12. First...the vitamin and supplement industry.

Then...the tobacco industry.

Now...the firearm industry.

...fuck.

13. I don't know about that...if you want to smoke a cigarette you should be able to smoke a cigarette AS LONG as you are not blowing the smoke into someones face, thats my belief. If you or I want to own a gun we should be allowed too. Why would you want to piss on someones elses parade by taking away what they enjoy? Their guns...their cigarettes...this sounds awfully familiar with people pissing on our parade by wanting to keep marijuana illegal. Why should we keep it illegal? If you want to smoke you should be allowed too, your body, your lungs, your life.

14. yea i see where your coming from

but fuck cigs i smoke and i hope they keep jackin the price up so eventually i have to quit

id rather save my lungs for weed then be oxygen when im 50

15. You want them to up the price so you stop? Haha, if you want to quit its up to YOU to stop not the price of cigarettes.

16. true but going from 3 dollars a pack to 6 makes it easier to quit

its like every time i buy a pack now i could smoke a blunt instead

17. Yeah!

Go Prohibition!!!

18. I can see where it could help but when it boils down to it you should be able to decline a stogie even if it is offered by a buddy. The only thing you need is a strong mindset.:)

19. Cop-killing bullets?!?! Colour me intrigued.

Also, the scary part of this legislation is that they can come inspect how and where you keep your firearm at any time, further intruding into your private life. Read the clause, they can demand a mental&physical evaluation at any time of their choosing.

This is terrifying, "The Ominous Parallels" are seriously building when you put the pieces together.