This guy protects my plants

Discussion in 'General' started by green to black, Jun 23, 2009.

1. This guy will fuck anything that touches my plants.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:smoke:

2. Well are you at least payin him?

3. i pay him in food, plus i dont charge him room and board

in 8 weeks ill have 100-200 of these dudes

4. my connect grower has had some kind of fly and other bug that destroyed all his crops the last two grows, wish he had that dude :O

5. What kind of bug is that, man? It's got a heart-shaped head. how fucking cool is that!

6. its a preyry mantis(too stoned to spell) i believe, bamf bugs man, i feel bad for any bug who tries to "nom nom" your plants:p

7. haah they are gangster bugs. If I remember properly they may actually spit at you and if it gets in your eyes it can fuck up your vision for a bit. Then again it could be a stickbug. :hippie:

8. Dude those things are crazy. I've seen some big ass ones before
    Did you know if the female doesn't like the male she bites his head off?!!!

<---:smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking:

9. Yeah its a Praying Mantis. He doesnt spit or anything, just eats all the bugs that are on the plants.

Your buddies crop was probebly infested with Spider Mites (completely FUCK your shit up. You can kill them, but once you get them your crop is done. Your ganna end up playing catch up with the plants there entire life) and White Flys (dont do MUCH damage, but pests non the lease)

Here are some more cool pictures of my little buddy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This lady bug (have them on all our other plants, they do a great job of keeping bad insects off the plant too) anyways, this lady bug stepped on the Praying Mantis's turf and got knocked in the face.

@tokin' yeah these bugs are super fuckin chill. He like walks up to my hand if i put it there and will walk all over you and shit. The big ones are dope, hella heads have them as pets. Im thinkin about getting a big one for the mother plant haha

10. Preying mantis and ladybugs are the ultimate solution to bug problems. Why use pesticides that will ruin your crop, when these awesome bugs can do the job much easier! I love preying mantis.

11. I must put words here for it to allow me to post. This thread reminded me of a picture I saved.

Attached Files:

12. Praying mantises are the shit, how do you get both of them from wondering from the plants?

13. Im guessing he keeps his plants in an enclosed grow box, so there really is no way for them to get out :D

14. I don't grow, but I realllllllly want one :smoke:
    I wonder if they kill ants/spiders..

15. These pictures are dope! Nice bugs

16. FC, they will kill small spiders and ants for sure. But i mean, it wouldnt be safe for him to just walk around your room or anything. He doesnt leave my plants.

But you could toss him in a fish tank or something and he would stay in there

17. It eats a lot more than spiders.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhtHDK2K73A]YouTube - Mantis vs Snake[/ame]

18. Lol I guess you're right.. I don't really want one crawling on me in my sleep or laying an egg in my closet :laughing: :smoke:

19. haha yeah....would suck to roll over on him too haha.

20. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kx66bJWnQQ]YouTube - MVI 2790[/ame]

haha yeah....would suck to roll over on him too haha.