110 mpg '87 Mustang

Discussion in 'General' started by MountyBounty, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Say goodbye to those weak ass hybrids. If only GM or Chrysler would have used a fraction of the bailout money they received they could have pulled themselves outta the grave.

YouTube - 110 MPG Mustang HP2g

rest is here

2. Why 87...it's....so...ugly :confused:

3. who cares about the model of the car, really. The engine is the big deal.

4. No way that would be cost effective for production lol.

Interesting though...

5. I'm a bit sceptical as of right now, and gotta go to work.. but, if this is true, and possible w/o lots of add ons and extra money, maybe I'll think twice about selling my '92 and '93 5.0s.

Who cares the make...? And, I love the foxbody style...

6. 100mpg running that kind of power...ill believe that when my shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert ;)

7. Hybrids and gasoline are old school. Companies like Tesla using full electric power which deliver torque instantly are the future. Even GM bought a 10% stake in them, so I'm sure they'll be just fine.

8. If you read the article, it says there's no proof. This guy is just blowing smoke.

9. yeaa..as long as it gets me from A to B it could be painted hot pink with hello kitty stickers on the sides :p

10. Did you read the whole article? The general tone of the journalist tells me that this is just a hoax:

11. The author of that article is just sipping on some hateraide. He just started 2 produce these engines

Toledoblade

12. I'm calling BS still. He needs to demonstrate the technology and hard evidence from an outside source.

13. Can't wait until the day I own a car totally independent from gasoline.

Electric is the way to go.

14. Ive been reading into this for a while now and everyone says that as of right now electric cars are just a good idea. We know we can make them and we know they work but right now the only problem is battery. Without developing a better battery we can make electric cars work. The Tesla that are rolling out right now ill need their batteries replaced completely in 3 to 4 years. and that no small cost. Electric cars cost as much as the battery and motor costs because if someone invents a better battery all we need to do is gut our existing gas cars. As people like my dad have done as projects. Till then only the rich would even think of spending $109000 for a car that will expire in 3 years.

15. How much are you selling the Stangs for? I'm might go back to Florida next month and I love Mustangs. My favorite is the 99-04 model though.

16. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_lSxhTatUU]YouTube - Solar Powered Car[/ame]

this is where my dad got the idea. This is done with a bug but my dad did it with a pickup truck, he put the batteries under the bed.

Another problem is that the motors needed to power these things are AC yet the batteries are DC i never understood why its done this way as it waists alot of energy but both tesla and everyone else who builds these things use that setup.

EDIT:

17. shit right as I saw the made in america sticker on the car I closed the program JK, but really I expected it to blow up like in the episode of Reno 911 where they get a hybrid cop car