Any creative ideas for a school project?

Discussion in 'General' started by justineBTC, May 8, 2009.

1. Hola Blades! Que haces?

I have a project due on Monday for my Statistics class and I need to test a claim about two populations.

Possible topics given by our teacher are:
    More men than women read a daily paper.
    Heart rates are higher in the morning than in the evening.
    More than 60% of full time college students have part-time jobs.

None of those are interesting enough to motivate me whatsoever to get cracking on this project. Of course it's always fun to find a topic that promotes my personal interests or beliefs-- something, say... pro-maryjane. Of course, that doesn't HAVE to be my focus-- anything of interest will do.

It also needs to be relatively easy to collect some information. So nothing I need to take measurements of, like the heart rate. Something I could research purely by creating a survey and asking for participation from oh, I don't know... YOU GUYS?! Or my friends via telephone/myspace/facebook.

Any ideas?

2. The precentage of white people to black people that blaze

3. High school or college?

Be creative! if you want to think up a good one, write down a small list of things that are easy to tell (like eye or hair color), and when you have a few, think about how any of those things could be related. Hope this helps!

4. #4 justineBTC, May 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2009
    I doubt that'll get approved by my teacher. Anything weed-related needs to do more with health or intelligence.

College, and thanks!

EDIT** Here's the link to the thread where you can participate in the survey. Please do! =]
    http://forum.grasscity.com/general/...-take-quick-survey-my-math-class-project.html

I made a little survey and posted it on my Myspace, I'll post it on here as well...

I asked about things like cigarette smoking, fear of spiders, and eating breakfast-- after I've gotten lots of results I'll pick one topic like a correlation between smoking and eating breakfast or between gender and fear of spiders. Sound good?