Soda vs. Pop

Discussion in 'General' started by EuropeanVW, Apr 8, 2004.

?

Soda or pop?

1. Soda

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Heh, not sure why I started this, just curious to see answers. Where your from, do you call it soda or pop?

I lived in California, and we called it soda there, then pop in Washington, and now back to soda in New York.

What do you know it as?

2. lemonade,........even if it's not one with lemons in it, here it's called lemonade, or scoosh, or a a bottle of Bru, named after Irn-Bru our second national drink..........Peace out.......Sid

soda over here, is carbonated water.

3. pop but here there some ppl that call it soda mus be foreigners :p
    toke on :smoke:

4. Uh, anyone that calls it pop is either 7, or insane....lol

5. as he said....soda here in ny...:D

6. Soda. Period.

7. I'm gonna buck the system and say "Cola". :D

8. But what about Orange Soda? You can't call orange soda "cola".."cola" is a flavor!

9. anyone who lives in alaska must be an eskimo and eat whale blubber...

10. It's really more of a combination...

Some people call it Soda, some call it Pop,

...and others call it Soda Pop...

lol

11. I am ashamed . . . but I still call it pop, even though I know soda is the correct term. Everyone from western PA calls pepsi and mt.dew and stuff like that "Pop" while out west it is "Soda"

12. Soda pop is so 1950's sounding, hah.

13. i call it coke.

i know i know. coke is a brand. well no matter what coca cola or pepsi i always ask for a coke.

luckily in the south everyone does it

14. I had to look it up after that. But I don't drink orange soda/pop so I don't have to worry about what to call it! ;)

Main Entry: 2co·la
    Pronunciation: 'kO-l&
    Function: noun
    Etymology: from Coca-Cola, a trademark
    : a carbonated soft drink colored usually with caramel and flavored usually with extracts from kola nuts

LOL, what the hell are kola nuts? rotflmao, not to be confused with koala nuts Critter! :D

Edit: Figured out the kola nuts...

caffeine-containing nut of Cola acuminata and Cola nitida, trees of the cocoa family (Sterculiaceae) native to tropical Africa and cultivated extensively in the American tropics. The evergreen tree grows to 18.3 m (60 feet) and resembles the chestnut. The 5-centimetre- (2-inch-) long brown nut is hand collected and dried in the sun for commercial use, mainly as an ingredient.

15. it's definitely soda.

16. soda...it comes naturally, but pop sounds cooler so i'm trying to say it more.

17. haha I am the exact opposite. Just take what you said and switch pop and soda.