Growing magic mushrooms =]

Discussion in 'General' started by SmokinGurl, Jan 27, 2009.

1. So, I wanna grow some shrooms.
    Anyone that grows Shooms, help me out plz!
    I know I need spores, a jar, and flower....but other than that I have no clue.
    Whats the easiest Mushrooms to grow? Like for starters?
    :rolleyes:

2. www.shroomery.org

That website will be able to answer any questions you have. I'd recommend the strain Golden Teachers if this is your first time, very easy to grow.

3. Ok well...that site is awesome.
    But....Do you have to have a pressure cooker to grow them?

4. I'll start off by saying i've never grown BUT from what i've read on the FAQ's it seems like you can grow with just mason jars and rice as a "Soil"(Forget the shroom term for what it grows in.)

Just gotta be sterile.

5. No, you don't need a pressure cooker. You just need a pot with a lid on it so steam can build up inside of it.

6. people who are impatient have no place growing mushrooms. go do your own research and stop asking us to do your work for you

7. I know you have been here a long time dude, but all she is asking is for help.

You can easily go into a nice Angus cow farm during the summer and grab a patty. Thats the way I am gonna do it this summer

8. nobody is going to be able to tell her how to grow mushrooms. im being honest. the only thing we could do is copy and paste something from www.shroomery.org. you cant just grow shrooms you have to understand teh concepts behind it as well.

9. #9 Nasrudin, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2009
    Thank you. Agreed 100%.

Though in the interest of clarifying some statements in this thread...

Brown rice flour - not flower. Not "rice" (well, it's rice, but its more than just rice).
    If you use BRF (^), a pressure cooker isn't necessary. If you want to step up to grains, you'll need one.
    "Soil"=substrate

What do you plan to do after you've, erm, grabbed a patty?

• Like Like x 1
  10. thankfully somebody understands

11. This is the one and only website you need to know to grow mushrooms.

I've done it, just follow the instructions and it's pretty hard to mess up.

There's other various ways and modifications you can do as you gain experience. Just follow this the best you can and you'll do good.

http://www.fungifun.org/English/Pftek

12. Uhm Yeah, I did look around and I couldnt find it anywhere, I was looking for someone with experience so I wouldnt fuck it up. Im patient enough to grow herb so patience isnt an issue.
    No need to be rude!

13. That Platypus is great. Lmao.
    Thanks guys =]