Freedom of Speech, do we have it at GC? You decide...

Discussion in 'General' started by MorBudsForMe, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well my other name got banned (morebudZforme) for some silly bsI hope a mod reads this and actually reads it out, I would like to get this heard and get a response, afterword if there is a need to change anything such as delet this name or bann me for life, so be it, but I would like my case to be heard first at the very least.

here it goes....

What happened to freedomn of speech? I get banned because CosmicSerpent doesnt like the way I veiw a certain people? What if I was to have made those coments about President Bush? Do I NOT have the right to dislike or even hate a certain people? As Tool said \"(sic)Why must I like you?, Why must we get along?\" I wasn\'t rude at all, I feel like CosmicSerpent is more \"popular\" and getting what he wants in this sittuation(or power tripping) without my rights being takin into account as well as being trampled on.
    I never told him to \"Fuc* off\" or called him a \"bitc*\". I believe I said (off the top of head) \"To each his own.I guess maybe I just very much dislike flamboyancy, I find it annoying. I hope your family member gets cured from his/ her descease\", and then I get called a homophobe, what is that all about? I am not afraid of homosexuals, I believe it is a mental disorder, and that those people are weak minded and falling prey of a crappy systematc way of living and a bit of unintentional(or not) brainwashing by the media, hence I hope his family member gets cured.
    He in turn has every right to hate people who hate homosexuals, and most importanly to state how he feels about that, but obviously he has, howbeit in a totalitarian type of way.(Every see \'Lennon Vs The US\")
    Had I said I hate squares, or I hate pigs, this never would have been an issue I can asure you that. I would like this bann to ba lifted is favor of reason. Have we lost all personal liberties in this nation, or world for that matter, or just the majority of us?
    This was what it was about, I PMed CosmicSerpent with the following because he left a derogatory statment when removing Reputation from me for my posts in the thread \"Does God hate Gay people\" in Philosophy and Spirituality, the name of the thread may also have been \"Hey Morphx...read here\" or something along those lines. Naturally if a person wants to post or read a thread about \"God hating Gays\" one must be prepared to read some opposing views by others and not stand ready to lower everyones rep who dissagrees with you, where CosmicSerpant has failed.
    ---Quote (Originally by MoreBudzForMe)---
    I do hate fags who prance around and change their accent just to make known they are gay, the ones who go out of their way to make known to everyone that they are gay.

We all have things that we hate, love, dispise, charish, worship, so on and so forth. Those are the things that difine who we are as individuals. I never said I beat fags, or yell in their faces, no I stay to myself and say in my mind that I really really dislike that individual, and others have every right to dislike me.
    So why did you react so harshly, did you take it personaly?
    ---End Quote---
    Well I\'m not gay, but yes I did take it personally because a member of my family is. To me, it just seems a little close-minded and intolerant to hate someone simply because of their sexual orientation, or the fact that they flaunt it. Especially when you know absolutely nothing else about them as an individual.

Changing their \"accent\" usually isn\'t something a person does consciously - it\'s just the way they naturally tend to talk. There are straight people who talk like that too. Flamboyancy in general is not dependent on sexual orientation. There are also plenty of straight people who go way out of their way to make it known that they\'re straight... but they don\'t usually get called derogatory names for it.
    You\'re right... you have every right to dislike someone and for them to dislike you, but in my opinion it\'s for a bogus reason. Because of the way they speak? Because of a certain demeanor? So gay people are only decent if they keep their sexuality hidden? I find that the more people you let into your life who are different than you, the more enriched it will be... but to each his own.
    If I dont get a respons back on this subject matter I can only assume that the member who reported me (who may be a mod) is answering this and tossing it to the side, giggleing behind his computer screen.

Peace, Love, and Pot
    Mr_Spliff (aka MoreBudzforMe)

2. very interesting read mate!, I dont know what the whole arguement is all about because ive obviously missed the thread, but from this plaque of text, he seems to be quite right, apart from the pm you sent which was a bit OTT. Well at least in my opinion.

3. I believe you have made some very good points (about your banning, not about gays). There are members here who show hate for lots of different type of people (whether it be profession, race, religion, sexual orientation, etc.) and it is excepted. I also think you showed your opinion in a relatively inoffensive manner. However, in your PM to cosmicserpant you were very offensive and rude. You cannot say that being gay is a disease. Its rude and may be offensive to many. If you dont see the problem in this your ban may very well have been deserved.

4. Actually I can answer your original question very simply. No, you don\'t have freedom of speech here at GC. You don\'t pay for the servers or bandwidth usage, therefore you subject yourself to certain terms and conditions.

If you think you were unfairly banned, you should contact an admin and tell your side of the story, bans can be lifted.

Thread is unnecessary, not even posted in the right forum if it was. shit, stay banned

5. You agree to waive your rights when you signed up. This is a privately owned website, and the mods have every right to do whatever they want to control the situations that they see as offensive.

The word \"fag\" for example is a derogatory phrase. Regardless of your views, by just using that word, you are inviting both trouble and violence to these forums. I haven\'t been on these forums long, but I\'ve been around the internet long enough to know mods know what they\'re doing (for the most part) regardless of personal views, and their job is to keep unneccesary e-violence to a minimum.

I\'d have to agree though, you seem very closed minded.

6. Yeah, I mean what are you gonna do, get ACLU on your side? Hahaha.
    But the two posters above me are correct, it is a privately owned site, so, no, you don\'t have any rights concerning certain shit.

And your talk about gays is asinine. Grow up you POS.

7. To the OP, I hope you get better from your \'descease\' oop\'s disease of a closed mind.

A thread with title: \"Does God hate Gay people\" informs me, my friend, that you are indeed suffering from a form of mental illness.

Hope you dont take offence.

8. I understand what you all are saying, but I don\'t believe that me saying the truth about how I feel, should be grounds for be banned. I do believe that homosexuality is biological, but I don\'t believe what Reverand Wright says \"Diffrence doesn\'t mean deficient\", yes Diffrent CAN mean deficient, what is down syndrom? What is autism? They are deficiencies. Im NOT saying that homosexuals are retarded, I am saying that they are deficient in much the same way that a male who was born with no testicals is deficient in producing testosterone. I do believe that homosexuality is a disease of sorts, if not a mental glich due to improper upbringing and lack of sexual incounters at an early age (from the beggining of human history people were having sex as soon as they were ready up until about the 19-21st century.).

These are my beliefes, I never responded with an angery attitued, I don\'t deserve to be banned for voicing my opinion and in a thread debating on weither or not \"God\" hates gays, I don\'t feel CS was in place droping my reputation for my views on the subject, and if he was, he didnt have to also directly atack me with vulgar language, he should grow up and realize others have minds of their own and just because I don\'t conform to his beliefes doesnt mean I diserve to be banned.

Others have every right to say that they hate people who hate homo\'s, but not to throw me out entierly, thats freakin fashism. And if thats the way it is I will happily leave this board altogether. But it doesn\'t have to be that way, we can simply agree to disagree.

9. No, we do NOT have freedom of speech at GC. I don\'t know why anyone would ever be under the impression that we do. It is not a democracy, and therefore there are certain things you are not allowed to say. It\'s entirely at the discretion of the mods, so don\'t get pissed off at me for it. It wasn\'t even the \"I hate fags\" part that took it over the edge, it was the fact that you labeled my family member\'s sexuality as a disease. You said something extremely offensive, and if you can\'t accept the consequences then you shouldn\'t have said it in the first place. You\'re breaking the rules by coming back here even after you were banned, and I\'m also pretty sure that posting a private message is against the rules also.

And by the way, I never used vulgar language or attacked you. Now you\'re just making things up.

10. To Leerox, I was not the OP to that thread, I joined in and said I didnt believe god even had the capacity to \"hate\" without the human brain to compute within. That when they were using exsamples out of the bible to claim that \"God hated gays\" and as such was an inconsistant god, or a wrathfull god, and deffinatly not a loving god. So I responded that \"God\" was all these things depending on what lenses he was wearing, that \"god\" both Loves and Hates gays, based on who you ask, get the drift?

And I never won a spelling bee. Sorry for my poor english.

11. Well if I could get back on my origonal name, then I could copy and past the note you left when dropping my reputation (which doesn\'t bother me in the least). And I have plenty of good reasons IMO to believe that homosexuality is a disease. And I hope the whole world gets cured from it.

12. The note I left when dropping your reputation said \"Flaming fags hate you too.\" because in your post you said \"I hate flaming fags.\" That is not any more vulgar or a personal attack than what you posted in the first place.

13. Disease
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    This article needs additional citations for verification.
    Please help improve this article by adding reliable references. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (July 2007)

This article is about diseases in general. For Wikipedia\'s Lists of Diseases, see Lists of diseases.
    A disease is an abnormal condition of an organism that impairs bodily functions,[1] associated with specific symptoms and signs.[2][3]

In human beings,\"disease\" is often used more broadly to refer to any condition that causes pain, dysfunction, distress, social problems, and/or death to the person afflicted, or similar problems for those in contact with the person. In this broader sense, it sometimes includes injuries, disabilities, disorders, syndromes, infections, isolated symptoms, deviant behaviors, and atypical variations of structure and function, while in other contexts and for other purposes these may be considered distinguishable categories.[citation needed]

Classifying a condition as a disease is a social act of valuation, and may change the social status of the person with the condition (the patient). Some conditions (known as culture-bound syndromes) are only recognized as diseases within a particular culture. Sometimes the categorization of a condition as a disease is controversial within the culture.

In my mind Homosexuality is a desease, the hormones that fire when a heterosexual male\'s brain and other glands fire, are impaired if not totally identical to a womans hormones therfor causeing atraction to the same sex. \"In this broader sense, it sometimes includes injuries, disabilities, disorders, syndromes, infections, isolated symptoms, deviant behaviors, and atypical variations of structure and function, while in other contexts and for other purposes these may be considered distinguishable categories.\"

14. I view homosexuality as the negative side of the polarity,sorta like service to self instead of service to others.

It\'s not wrong,shit it\'s not even bad Karma(okay it is)....

You could say it\'s like spreading hate instead of love.Not saying we should treat them differently or get disgusted by them cause it\'s a natural human urge(just like violence).

I just don\'t condone violence Cause I\'m a Pacifist.............

15. I\'ll read this and see what\'s up but as of right now, making a new account after being banned will get you banned again. The Blades can\'t \"save\" you, so to speak, so what you should have done is gotten in contact with me rather than make a thread in the wrong forum. I\'m the only one who can make the decision to reverse the ban.

Again, I\'ll read this and if the ban should either be lifted or made temporary, then I\'ll do what is necessary. As of now, I need to do a bit of research and such before making a decision. I have no idea what\'s going on right now. I\'m responding to this because the thread was reported. You\'re a previously banned member and previously banned members aren\'t allowed to make new accounts.

As far as freedom of speech...we have rules and standards here so, no, you\'re not free to say anything you want. Neither am I. There are limits. Superjoint created the City and pays for it all. The forums don\'t have to exist. Only a very small portion of his business comes from actual members. While he greatly appreciates that business, the forums don\'t drive the sales of the Shop. Therefore, the City is here simply because he wants stoners to have a place to chill. So, we follow the rules that he has set for the City.

The Admins, Super Moderators and Moderators will do what is necessary for the City when it comes to moderating.

16. Whoa...I just read all of that and checked your posts. You were appropriately banned. Tossing the word \"fag\" around and calling homosexuality a disease...that\'s homophobia, dude. There\'s no other way to define it. If people are going to be homophobic, then accept that\'s what you are. Otherwise, open your mind and get over it.

For the record, homophobia is NOT tolerated here at all.

Your ban was a temporary one. 2 weeks. Manning up and accepting it would have been your best bet. As of now, I\'m making the ban permanent. You made a new account after being banned for only two weeks and you questioned the Mod\'s decision to ban you (and I don\'t even think you know who you were questioning).

Your temp ban was well deserved. All you had to do was be a big boy and accept it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.