The Official "Brag about your significant other" thread

Discussion in 'General' started by mellowdramatic, Apr 11, 2008.

1. I always see and hear people complaining about their boyfriend/girlfriend/fiance(e)/wife/husband/life partner...it's time to bring some positivity up on the subject of love. So, this is the space to do it. What makes yours special/

I'll start. My girlfriend goes to a different college (private) about 90 miles away from my university, and drives up to see me every weekend. She doesn't smoke on her own, but she'll light up with me every once in a long while, and she likes the fact that I smoke because it makes me mellow and happy, and I always want to cuddle or sit close to her after I smoke because it makes me really touchy-feely. She thinks it's good for me, so hey. She also likes the fact that I get philosophical and want to talk...she's incredibly smart. I don't consider myself a genius, but those of you that fancy a good conversation with an intelligent individual can certainly appreciate what I mean. Oh yeah, she's also into that whole sex thing. I think I have a keeper.

Let's hear the rest.

2. My girl buys weed, smokes it, smokes me out, I smoke her out, buy for her, etc.

Plus, she makes the BEST munchie food. Who doesn't like Spicy Goat Meat, Rice, and Dahl? Middle Eastern food is the shit.

She's totally trustworthy, she'd never cheat, nor do anything of the sort. I love her so much. Been together for years now. Plus, been to different continents with one another.

...when you can travel with someone and not get annoyed, you know you're in love. :)

3. Truth to that. Add her family in the mix and if you're still cool-headed you've struck gold.

4. For a muslim family, they're actually incredibly chill with my white-boy self. Family is a lot more successful than mine, but there seems to be no judgement.

..so far, so good. Luckily, no kids on the way or plans for marriage. We just plan to chill, smoke, and travel. I guess that's all we really need for now. :)

5. We've been going out for almost two years. He is amazing in every way. He's one of the funniest people I know and he's damn intelligent too. He's a huge nerd, but that's okay because I am too. He's great to be around and I love him to death. In about another year we'll have everything straightened out to move in together. It's going to be filled with video games, sex, and smoking.

6. "Significant other"?

Who needs one of those boring things, when you can have 10 or 20 fuck buddies?

7. My fiancée and I have known each other since 8th grade. I actually had a bit of a crush on her back then, and we danced at the end-of-the-year dance, which was pretty amazing. I can still remember the words she said to me that night... although I found out that she didn't really like me as more than a friend. Anyway, we ended up at the same high school, but didn't really talk for about three years. I didn't really have the same passion for her back then, as I figured she'd never really be interested in me.

To make a long story short, I asked her to Homecoming dance senior year after about a month of wooing and finally she said yes to me. Ever since (that was two and a half years ago) we've been together, and have fallen deeply in love. :) We'll have to wait two more years or so to live together, but we know we can do it for each other.

As of now she lives at home and goes to a school about thirty minutes from my own. I live on campus and don't have a car, so my sweet girlfriend (I like to think of her as my girlfriend just as much as fiancée) always drives out to see me, or help me when I need to go shopping for something important. Her parents recently cracked down on how often she can see me, and it's her sweet and loving words that can always motivate me and make me happy, even in a tough time.

So, thank you, lover. :D

8. Man, i love my lady. She's far from a stereotypical stoner, you might even call her the band geek. She's so fit, she loves video games, loves to just chill watch TV movies o0r just lay around.. She loves to cook, which is awesome cause i love to eat :p she is smart, funny, has a great sense of humor, she knows what she's talking about when it comes to almost anything. She buys weed, i buy weed, we smoke weed, and she's a total nympho, and she's fucking good at it, and it's good to know that i'm the only one who's been in there ;-) i love my lady and she loves me. I never thought i would ever think this, but i'm sure i want to settle down early, no kids or what not, but i'm sure i could live with her forever. call me mushy or a pussy or whatever, but she's fucking awesome.

OH!!!, The best part, SHE HATES DRAMA AND LIKES TO TALK THINGS OUT RATIONALLY!!!! OMFG, i have never met another female like her....it's awesome.

9. My girl is a sexy hippie. She's almost as big of a stoner as I am. We quit meth together. We have the same beliefs, moral and political except shes a vegetarian and I am not (but I repesct her opinion, and she does mine), she's pregnant with my baby.She tried ecstasy with me her first time.

I can go on, and on.

10. i wish i had someone to brag about! i'm single.

11. Just enjoy what you are while you are it, and then what you subconsciously wish for will come your way. The less you try, the easier life becomes, and the more you attract those who will love you for who you truly are (for who you truly are is best displayed when you are at ease, is it not?).

12. She has the patience to sit on a Grasscity-oriented chat, having never taken a hit of cannabis in her life, and smoke hookah for an hour while I mindlessly chatter with people I have never seen before in my life.

Oh, and her parents love me.

[​IMG]

:D

13. That is sage advice; I don't think I could +rep you enough for that.

14. It's kind of funny. Growing up, and even into my twenties, I have been lucky enough to almost always have a girlfriend. And usually they were pretty hot. And it always seemed like true love, fireworks and all that. But then I met my wife. ( 5 yrs in May ) And whats funny is, there really wasn't any fireworks. We are complete opposites, she don't smoke, was never a partyer. But I felt complete when I met her. We dated for 5 years ( lived together for 2 ) and then got married 5 years later, on the same date we had our first date. And we haven't really even had a real argument yet.

Now to tell you a few reasons why 'we are'.

She is the most compassionate person I have ever met. She has worked for the abused women foundation, rape clinics, she's the one that got me into helping with adult education. My little brother ( not real brother, but from the Big Brother/Big Sister program ) probably loves her more than he does me. And we'd been bros for about 8 years, when we married. She is probably one of the smartest people I have met. She's finishing up her phd, and should be finished with all of her dissertation stuff in about 7 or 8 months. She's a adjunct proffesor at one of our major universities. And she's doing something that makes me kind of nervous, she teaches a class out at one of the prisons. Some of the stuff we have in common is, we both love animals. ( we have 4 dogs, 3 cats, a parrot, and a bunch of fish ) traveling. And somehow, we'd both like to make our little part of the world a little better before we leave it.
    Sorry for going on and on, but I can't help it. :D

15. My girlfriend is so smart (actuarial math and physchology double major) and gorgeous - typical swede (tall, fair, and blond). She was the first person I met at school and we clicked the moment we met each other and instantly became really close friends which turned into more a couple months later. We been dating for about 2.5 years now.

Plus she's just as kinky and into sex as I am. :)

16. i just got a new girlfriend. actually we been very very good friends for awhile. she had a bf when i met her, but i liked her, so decided to play the friend role and ended up becoming one of her best friends. she finally broke up wit her old boyfriend for me and now we're dating. she's sooooo chill and easy to talk to. we have no secrets wit each other, because of out close friendship and i could possibly see myself marrying her one day if things keep going in a positive direction. she's asian also and can cook good as hell. we can even make some little tiger wood babies wit a latin twist:p

17. I met my girl in 11th grade of high school. We were just friends for a long while but we became really close about a year into it. Senior year I started dating her, she lost her virginity to me, and we have been together ever since.

She doesn't smoke but she is accepting of it. She will watch me smoke and make me the best meals in the world. She is caring, compassionate, and loves everything Im interested in.

I couldn't ask for a better girl. We have been going strong for 3 years now.

18. My ex-husband introduced us over 18yrs ago. Woops! :D
    We've been together ever since.
    He's my very intelligent, tall, fair and handsome studdly-man!
    He's my best friend, we still have long talks, or say not much at all, sometimes. We are kindred spirits. We still flirt with each other.
    He makes me laugh, as I do him. We always speak well of each other and have mutual respect for each other.
    I can always see love in his eyes when he looks at me, and I feel his love and affection for me in his every touch.
    I admire his thoughtfulness and ability to see the big picture. I admire his emotional depth, as I am not as emotionally so. I admire his tender way of dealing with delicate things, like baby plants and animals. I like that we have different strengths and weaknesses. It makes us dynamic. We're a dynamic duo!!! LOL
    He's also a GC blade, guess who he is!
    (Those of you who know us outside of here, shut up! lol) :cool:

19. Haha, thanks for the heartwarming stories guys. Makes me think about senior year and how much fun I had with my ex, while the fun lasted anyways.

I haven't had many girlfriends in my day. I was a socially awkward middler schooler. I mean shit, I had a ton of chicks friends, but never anything more than that. 9th grade I went out with this sexy ass half Puerto Rican half black girl. I really digged her, but we were both too socially awkward and shy so nothing really came of that. Eventually I went out with this other girl later that year and had my first kiss and got to third base, which for me in 9th grade was pretty sweet!

Well, we broke up a couple months later and I didn't have another gf until senior year. I lost my V-card to her and we went out for nine months. I totally thought we loved each other, as she told me she loved me first. Of course, I found out she cheated on me and we promptly ended that, haha. Still, I kind of miss her. Last I checked she was going out with a 30 year old, which is kind of gross.

I'm not having the best of luck here at college. Tons of girls. Tons of girls that seem to have no interest in me, haha. I kind of like this one girl, but alas she has a bf. At least I chill with her pretty much everyday. Ah, beautiful girl she is. But she's also straight edge, never drank or smoke before, so I dunno how well we'd mesh as a couple anyways.

This one girl I think likes me 'cuz she always calls me and tries to blaze, but something about her I don't like. She ain't too pretty, but neither am I so I'm not one to judge. She's just really really... well, stupid and its a big turnoff. Listening to her talk in class is like listening to Forrest Gump trying to solve calculus problems.

20. My girlfriend lives 90 miles away, soon to be 100+, but we still make sure to see each other every weekend. She loves cooking healthy food with me and we always have a great time just relaxing with each other. She doesn't mind me smoking because she doesn't see it doing any harm to me and just likes the fact that I'm happy, and I really am. If circumstances weren't the way they are, she's a freshman in college next year, I'm a junior at different colleges, I'd marry her.