Anyone here super shy? You might have social anxiety. And it can be fully cured.

Discussion in 'General' started by Idhitthat, Jan 3, 2008.

1. hey if your extremly shy, I suggest you research social anxiety, because yeah, thier is a cure for shyness.

mostly self help, you have to do the things you don't want too...

Pills and beer really won't help you much.

Just thought it might help SOMEONE

2. Yeah... I have that shit. It drives me fucking CRAZY! My cure? XTC! :D

3. Shyness and social anxiety can be two totally different things. Just saying ya know...

4. my cure is weed... with xanax i dug a really deep hole.. i'm still climbing out of it, and have been since last new years eve :-x

5. speak for yourself :hello:

i have social anxiety, beer definitely helps you to be more social though

i dont see how weed would help you with social anxiety, when im baked i dont wanna talk to anybody unless its one of my friends.....

6. i suffer mild social anxiety, but i would not say i am shy

7. yeah I got that but valium owns

8. yeah i'm very shy...what makes me out of my shell is some adderal, and some alcohol...cuz the addies make me want to talk/focus/confidence and the alcohol makes not care, so if anything I think those two are my social combo :hello:

9. Caffeine works for me, sometimes. Being high just makes it worse.

10. I usually don't talk alot, unless it's a friend, but I'll talk alot when I'm high.

11. when im high i talk alot...alot more then when sober...wtf..

12. alcohol works but i hate drinking. Klonopin works better but now im addicted. Weed helps my anxiety but not social anxiety.

like the op said - the problem needs to be fixed from within

13. Agreed. I have anxiety social disorder. the only time i party like a "normal" person is the blue moon i take Molly. Molly, makes me a bad boy, LOL. other than that, dont like people much.

14. What help did you exactly provide? You just told us there was a cure, that's it. We are aware there are things called search engines.

15. Actually, getting drunk helped me get over the initial hump of being able to go and talk to people I don't know too well.

I had (have) it bad. If I didn't know someone really, really well I'd just shut the fuck up and not talk to them at all because I was too anxious and couldn't think of what to say. But then I got drunk and didn't give a fuck and realized that most, if not all, of my anxiety around social situations is basically made-up and not actually warranted.

It was only the first step and I'm not stupid enough to think it's a proper treatment but alcohol actually did help me in that respect.

16. Ever since the first time I did acid I haven't been shy anymore...it's strange, but I love it.:hello:

17. Ssssssssssssssssssssmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

18. the THC helped me!

19. Regular marijuana use has really helped me with panic attacks, but I'm still pretty shy. No more tight chests or head rushes!

20. I normally don't talk but when I'm stoned I just talk and talk and talk, can't make me shut up.