Question on E/popping pills

Discussion in 'General' started by JoeK1, Oct 31, 2007.

1. I just wanted to add that "preloading" on 5htp is pretty stupid, IMO. You're building up the serotonin levels, and when you eat X they're all getting released. Too much serotonin is BAD for your brain (as in Serotonin Syndrome). The neurotoxicity of X isn't from the X, it's from the huge amounts of serotonin that are released into your brain as a result of taking X (these levels are reached after eating approx. 300-400mg of MDMA)... So preloading your brain with serotonin by taking 5htp is kind of a bad idea, and would make neorotoxicity more likely...

POSTloading with 5htp does help (if even a little bit) with any comedown/depression that would come as a result of your brains stock-piles of serotonin being released while thizzin... It helps replenish... So yeah, postloading = good... preloading = possibly causing damage.

2. Have you ever hit that button to quick reply but forgot what you were going to say so you just posted anyhow?

yeah that totally just happened

3. ahahahahhaha

Your friend was probably thinking of 5-HTP, which increases your seratonin production. This will make you happier during the trip(or at least give you extra reserves of seratonin in yo brain!) , and it's also a good idea to take some afterwards so your seratonin levels aren't as fucked up as would be w/o it.

DONT FUCKING POP PILLS TO LIVE!
    it can't really work out for your benefit that way.

4. erreeh...listen to this guy actually, he probably knows what he's talking about.
    at least it sounds that way...

5. Actually in animal studies, the neurotoxicity that arises from MDMA use is because of the depletion of serotonin after enough uses of MDMA causes dopamine to be used instead in its place. These altered dopamine molecules in turn cause damage to the nerves.

The purpose of preloading is also to enhance the effects of your roll. By having more serotonin available, the empathy and love feelings from your roll will be heightened even further. Postloading is more to protect your body and help it recover from your roll.

And the amount of serotonin that you would be preloading/postloading is not anywhere near dangerous excess levels. I mean, people who don't even roll at all can purchase these supplements from their local pharmacy and take these amounts with no adverse effects. It's just enough to make your roll better and to also help with the comedown as well.

Either way, I know a lot of people who do preload/postload and I know a lot of people who don't do either. It's all up to you. :)

[​IMG]

6. its actualy amazing what drinking a pint of milk does while on a comedown. Milk has reasonably high levels of 5ht, and means you dont need to buy expensive supliments. However 5ht is shown to help prevent neurotoxicity not cause it.

I really want to see what effects neurotoxicity has however, very few cases of behavieral differences or depression have been linked solely to mdma.

7. Just a quick note that you're talking about 5HT, also known as tryptophan. Tryptophan is two steps away from becoming actual serotonin, 5-HTP. But yes, 5HT can be found naturally in many different food items, a common one having a lot of it being turkey. I'm not sure how much of the 5HT is lost during the conversion process to 5-HTP, but I do know that eating foods with 5HT is still very much effective. But 5-HTP is the actual preventer of neurotoxicity.

[​IMG]

8. Good lookin out, mayne... I will admit the study I was referring to was done a while back, so it's prolly been disproved by now, lol.. It talked about how the excessive serotonin burned the receptors in high levels (But was fairly safe at lower levels)... You don't want to overdo the 5HTP supplements, I hear you can get pretty sick (vomiting, diarrhea, shit like that)... Correct me if I'm wrong. :D

9. Nope, you're definitely right about that. Just because 5-HTP basically = serotonin DOES NOT mean you can go swallow happy with them and take a ton. The recommended dosages I listed of 200-400 mg are completely fine though. Clinical studies show that there are no damaging effects of such dosages. However, I must note that SOME people do indeed feel some nausea and/or vomiting with 300+ mg dosages. Personally, I feel fine when I take 300 mg. So it all depends on your body and what not. But as far as the safety of it goes, it is perfectly fine.

[​IMG]

10. interesting point though, studies show that some really really high users (500 pills a year) have a perminant afterglow because they get so much extra dopamine produced