Bitcoins, would you use them to buy forum Gold/Silver/Bronze Membership?

Discussion in 'General' started by Superjoint, Dec 6, 2013.

1. #21 Jaemercs, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2013
    [quote name="hypercardriac" post="19193478" timestamp="1387486611"]I don't believe the mans mistaken at all.. Mention bitcoins, what happens? "oh, you mean the silkroad money" Yep. It might be used on other sites, but is highly affiliated and associated with silk road.. Whether its a security risk or not is too unsolid of an answer to actually say no.. Our friend did not say bircoins were only used on silk road, but that they are recognized because of and due to silkroad.. I wont buh them, if the site goes strictly there I myself will be gone, and so will alot if people.. Face it, these grows aren't all legal, alot of people are paranoid anyhow, they gonna go if the y hear about this.. I think will only hurt yourself.. I also read bitcoins are worth a grand each.. Does that mean it costs a grand to buy one? I'm nor sure I understand that part, because ain't noone gonna spend a thousand bucks in order to spend 15 or 20 to join.. Its just a thought, but who would really think about adding a factor to a weed growing website from a drug selling website that got busted? Might sound cool and shit but not with me.. Go bitcoin, this padres gonna split..[/quote]you do not have to purchase a full bitcoin you can purchase .1 or .001 or even father into decimals .125367 etc and then That can be calculated into USD or whatever your currency may be. It will still be the same exact price as if you were to buy the membership with a debit card.. It's just a different form of currency meaning another way to pay.

2. #22 Delightfully High, Dec 20, 2013
    As a blade before me previously stated "it's to much of a hassle". May I be so bold as to ask why we can't just purchase the memberships with a credit card and or cash/money order?

3. #23 ParaBolTOOL, Dec 20, 2013
    I was pretty excited about cryptocurrency for a while,  I hate banks as much as the next person.  I suppose people should take advantage of it while it lasts like that dude that bought a Tesla model S with bit coins.  But there is a good reason why people are warned about its rapid growth and inevitable burst (and fast since it is not a tangible or even recognized currency (yet)).  China backs it because it will tear the dollar down and economically damage the U.S., and people will follow suit believing the Chinese are better with numbers, easier than war I suppose haha.  They say owning even just one bitcoin can prove highly valuable in the future, it wouldn't hurt to start an ewallet and maintain a small amount in an external hard drive, but I wouldn't spend it until I needed it.

Also, unless you own a quantum supercomputer, mining is a waste of time and money because it will destroy a less powerful computer in no time.  You typically need to join a pool to be successful and next thing you know it you fall victim to fraud or hacker theft.  Just so long as people are aware of the pros and cons.

4. didn't bit coin crash or something?

i don't know i saw some memes about it on reddit

Again  am sorry to tell you this but you are greatly mistaken. Bitcoin was being used by many different people pre SilkRoad. You maybe are aware of Bitcoin because of Silkroad however that doesn't makes bitcoin dependent on silroad. Silkroad was never a famous website as you think it is. Only a handful of people were aware of it. There are millions out there that use bitcoin and never heard about Silkroad.

6. #26 Superjoint, Dec 20, 2013

it is calculated off course trough a conversion ration, if you would pay 30 for a gold membership in dollars, for todays prices, you would need to pay 0,04564276 in bitcoins ,  you can buy buy bitcoins for any dollar amount you want on the many exchange that are on on line.

the Silk Road thing is just an example and it has nothing to to with growers, it is jsut a simple question that if you have bitcoins, you will have the possibility to to pay for your forum membership with bitcoins instead of dollars, euros or polish zlotys(!) , it;s jsut another curreny, there is nothing illegal about it, nor would be ever advise something as that if it would be anything remotely illegal.

Yesterday www.overstock.com announced that they will accept bitcoins in 2014 and many will follow, the bitcoin processor company bitpay.com and coinbase.com are processing thousands and thousand of orders for customers and merchants worldwide with bitcoins only.  Fast, Secure and as anonymous as possible, the next best thing to digital cash.

Is just innovation and another way op paying, that Silk Road used it for illegal transactions does not make the currency illegal, if that would be the case each dollar in circulation would be an illegal tender.

Educate yourself! www.bitcoin.org

SJ

Things must have drastically changed, then. From what I recall, you can go get a greendot moneypack and get on an IRC and hope you get a trustworthy trader that won't rip you off. Your other option was to go through 2 or 3 different sites to transfer funds from your bank account. I know one of them was mt gox, You had to do a few transfers between sites, i remember that. been a long while since I researched the topic. Regardless, it looks sketch to prying eyes.