Bitcoins, would you use them to buy forum Gold/Silver/Bronze Membership?

Discussion in 'General' started by Superjoint, Dec 6, 2013.

1. We are starting to accept Bitcoins for forum upgraded memberships. We would like to know you view on Bitcoin usage and also if you would like to see them being accepted in the Grasscity Shop.

Please let us know, much appreciated!

SJ

2. as long as you dont have to only use bitcoins to buy stuff im ok.

its to much of a hassle imo.

3. ^Pretty much what he said. The added option would be nice for some I think

4. whats the benefit of being a gold/silver/bronze/purple member?

5. [quote name="Podge420" post="19112171" timestamp="1386334663"]whats the benefit of being a gold/silver/bronze/purple member?[/quote]You instantly become awesome!And... Some special userpercs, hidden usergroup access and you support the city with some love!SJ

6. What does send "5 PM's at once" mean?

7. i had to google bitcoin. never heard of it until now. while i wouldn't use it, i'm sure it would be more convenient for others that actually do.

8. No fucking way lol 

I'm gonna sell mine there worth over 1000 a piece and i have 31 currently as of this morning.

9. Hooray for this! Good thing you're accepting Bitcoin for membership upgrades. I would love to upgrade mine. So how much will be the exchange rate then?

10. bitcoins would be bases on the current bitcoin/dollar exchange rate, it's live calculated, so the equivalent of bitcoins to the dollar amount

11. Once you become a member is that it, or is it subscription based, e.g. monthly?

It is valid for one year

13. @[member="Lizard King"] oh ok thanks

14. The idea of buying bitcoins worries me. I'll start by saying, let's be honest. The MAIN use of bitcoins over the last few years have been to buy drugs off Silkroad. Now, in order to go from cash to actual bitcoins, you have to do several online transactions through a few sites, and you have to have an active bank account. Now, the U.S. government currently can look at any of your bank information whenever the fuck they want for whatever reason they want. The whole process of transferring the funds through these 3 or 4 sites to get your money into a bitcoin, I'm not sure how it's looked at by these federal organizations. 

Could it not be inferred by the government that if they find someone trying to turn their money into bitcoin, that they are "obviously" trying to get drugs online? I could be way over-reaching here, but shit's got me way too paranoid to even consider fucking with bitcoin. Especially since that site got shut down anyway (silk road), so I figure they'd be looking even more into people buying bitcoins. Maybe if there were a SHITLOAD (I mean, a S H I T L O A D ! ) of sites that accept bitcoin, things would be different.

You are greatly mistaken about the actual usage of Bitcoin. Silkroad maybe an area where Bitcoin was used however bitcoin is used on many different sectors including freelance development etc..
    I strongly believe Bitcoin may loose/gain value but no one will be able to take control of it. Each other day it will be recognised more and more as an existing currency. 

16. I think it would be nice for those who use bitcoin. I'm still kicking myself for not buying into it back when I first heard of them.. They were like $15 then.. Now what? Like $1000 ?... Damnit I could of been rich!..

17. i think bitcoin will be around for a long time, i believe it is exactly what we need to curtail the corruption globally, within the political and economic spectrum so yes i would support that. we have to start somewhere and i for one applaud any business that expands on this.

18. I don't believe the mans mistaken at all.. Mention bitcoins, what happens? "oh, you mean the silkroad money" Yep. It might be used on other sites, but is highly affiliated and associated with silk road.. Whether its a security risk or not is too unsolid of an answer to actually say no.. Our friend did not say bircoins were only used on silk road, but that they are recognized because of and due to silkroad.. I wont buh them, if the site goes strictly there I myself will be gone, and so will alot if people.. Face it, these grows aren't all legal, alot of people are paranoid anyhow, they gonna go if the y hear about this.. I think will only hurt yourself..

I also read bitcoins are worth a grand each.. Does that mean it costs a grand to buy one? I'm nor sure I understand that part, because ain't noone gonna spend a thousand bucks in order to spend 15 or 20 to join.. Its just a thought, but who would really think about adding a factor to a weed growing website from a drug selling website that got busted? Might sound cool and shit but not with me.. Go bitcoin, this padres gonna split..

19. I would personally not use it but im sure a few people here and there would. If its not a ton of trouble to install its capability into the store i dont see why you shouldn't do it.

20. #20 Jaemercs, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2013
    [quote name="geetardude" post="19191474" timestamp="1387458403"]The idea of buying bitcoins worries me. I'll start by saying, let's be honest. The MAIN use of bitcoins over the last few years have been to buy drugs off Silkroad. Now, in order to go from cash to actual bitcoins, you have to do several online transactions through a few sites, and you have to have an active bank account. Now, the U.S. government currently can look at any of your bank information whenever the fuck they want for whatever reason they want. The whole process of transferring the funds through these 3 or 4 sites to get your money into a bitcoin, I'm not sure how it's looked at by these federal organizations. Could it not be inferred by the government that if they find someone trying to turn their money into bitcoin, that they are "obviously" trying to get drugs online? I could be way over-reaching here, but shit's got me way too paranoid to even consider fucking with bitcoin. Especially since that site got shut down anyway (silk road), so I figure they'd be looking even more into people buying bitcoins. Maybe if there were a SHITLOAD (I mean, a S H I T L O A D ! ) of sites that accept bitcoin, things would be different.[/quote] lol it does not take multiple sites to buy a bitcoin... Also the price of bitcoin and the amount of people buying actually increased when Silk Road was shut down. May have possibly legitimized the currency. Also many more sites are beginning to accept BTC in 2014. I think you guys should do some research ;p I'm not actually using bitcoin a to purchase anything , it's more of an investment ;)