Should i go on accutane ? (Pics)

Discussion in 'General' started by Kenji12349, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Accutane causes a myriad of diseases...don't go on it.

2. #22 Izzo, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2013
    Don't compare yourself to other people, if you're uncomfortable with it then get the Accutane, if you can live with it and are happy with how things are going then you'll be fine. But I'm warning you it takes like 6 months or so to clear you up and your lips will be chapped as a mother phucker..

3. Accutane's an intense drug... Should really be regulated more strongly IMO

I would only use it as an absolute last-resort, it can fuck over your body in so many ways.

4. #24 UnsuspiciousUsername, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    I went on accutane by recommendation of my dermatologist.
    It works, and it works well, if you do what you need too.
    1)Take it consistently
    2)Stay out of the sun
    3)Don't be female (you have to sign forms and ensure your don't become pregnant, but I don't see that being an issue for you)

Yes, its going to eventually going to make your skin look different, but that's how it works. It makes your skin dry to the oils can't pile up underneath. 

After taking it for some months, I never had acne problems again. Ever. In fact, I've maybe had only a few pimples at the most in the past couple of years. 

The one warning is that you don't stay in the sun for too long while under the medication. At one point, I was on a cruise in the caribbean. I went to the beach for the day, and when I came back, my back had this red prick;y-like bumps all over. It eventually went away, but it was annoying. I didn't take in too much sunlight after that, and I didn't run into any problems later on. My skin started clearing up, and believe me, it felt great. 

It only took 4.5 months for me. And I never had lip problems. Each individual is different; hopefully you have a good dermatologist. 

Also, I for a while, tried the bottle treatments, and did so each night. You know, the typical wash, cream, and bottle things. Didn't do much.

Nearly all prescription drugs have side effects; a lot of them have a list that likely won't occur, but are on their as in "in-case" technicality if they should occur. 

5. can a ffamily physician prescribe it or does it have to be a dermatologist?

6. #27 UnsuspiciousUsername, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    I'm not sure, I think they could.
    The pharmacist just needs a doctor's signature, I think.
    Well, so long as it's not a dentist....

The thing is though, you have to go in for check-ups to make sure everything is all right.
    And your type of skin, body weight, blood, and other things have to be taking into account before being prescribed the dosage. So I'm not sure a physicians does those things, unless its a good friend or family?

7. I took accutane. It works, I feel fine now and I felt fine then. Just use lotion

8. i took acutane when i was in high school. my acne was alot worse than yours. i had large pimples under the skin. some were hard and syst-like. all over my back and chest. i still have scars from them. but at the time, i weighed around 150, so i had a relatively low dose. never had any problems with it. the only things that sucked is that you gotta get your blood tested every month, and my nose got really dry and i got large dry boogers. but it worked. i really worked. 

9. Go on accutane. 

60mg max.  80mg is unecessary imo.

Assuming you're 18+ it's just going to leave more scarring as you get older.

Your skin doesn't get any younger.

5-6 months of 60mg and you should be golden.

I had pretty bad acne and it helped so much.

Acne was one of the reasons that caused my severe depression.  It seems like this is happening to you right now.  If you keep in mind this will get rid of acne, you will be the happiest kid.  No more dealing with annoying as fuck acne.

Granted you will have the driest lips for those 5-6 months.  Always have chapstick on hand lol.

10. alright well i have a doctors appointment on thursday at 3:15pm. Ill talk to him or her about it and see what they think wish me luck :(!!

11. looks like cystic acne.  you should go to a doctor.  cystic acne is probably treated differently than normal acne.

12. OP, you're suffering from rosacea, which is not acne.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosacea

I suffered from this while I was younger, Tetracycline eliminated it entirely.

13. No way, FUCK Accutane...Here's what you can do...

Acne, contrary to what all these doctors and scientists want to say, means that your body is simply too acidic...and you need to lower those levels. Once you lower those levels, you will start to see a dramatic improvement in your skin's texture, glow, there will be less oil and an overall better appearance. How do you lower those levels? Well, how is your diet? If you eat a lot of fast foods, stop right away. Start to eat more alkaline food. More broccoli, lettuce, spinach, and just more greens overall. 

Before you switch up your diet, you should do a full body cleanse. Liver/Gallbladder cleanse, kidney cleanse, candida cleanse. You must first aid the inside before you get any results on the outside. There is a product I use called Holy Thistle Tea ---------------------- http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Millers-Holy-Tea-Supply/dp/B0012GUL6Y
    --- and it cleansed the fuck out of my body, and it's safe to use daily. If you're serious about finding a solution to your acne problem then you must cleanse yourself. 

You could also be deficient in certain vitamins and minerals. All of them, really. However, it would mainly be zinc, vitamins D, C & A, beta-cartoene, omegas 3,6,9. You need to replenish your body with the essentials. I just buy some Vemma for myself and I take that stuff daily. I'm in the best physical shape in my life right now and I don't get acne anywhere. 

And lastly, but should be above all, clean your skin daily. All it takes is 20 minutes out of your day to wash up. 

Please don't fuck with that accutane stuff, you will probably regret it. I know a girl who took it and her personality was kinda fucked while she was on it. 

Good luck, I would have went with a dermatologist. If you're going to a regular doctor and they won't do it or give you any problems I'd make an appointment elsewhere.

15. So i started to not use moisturizer like one of the posts on here suggested i dont. It seems to look better without moisturizer gonna try it for the next few days and see if i stop breaiing out.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. so instead of accutane im on Doxycycline and using a topical called Retin-A. I have very high hopes for these two and i think this is gonna be it :)

17. go to the dermatologist

18. I took Accutane. My acne was way worse than yours. It hurt to smile and that lasted a year and a half or so. Epiduo and that benzyl stuff worked some. Everything else didn't. I took Accutane six months, and did the bloodwork monthly, etc. Had very dry skin. Bloody boogers. Actually had suicidal thoughts too and it's funny because nobody warned me about that and I've had a bad life for the most part. Good thing I didn't blow my brains out because my acne is very under control now and the scarring is pretty hard to notice. With 5 o'clock shadow, it's impossible to tell.

I would ultimately suggest Epiduo or the benzyl shit. If that fails you, fucking get Accutane.