Should i go on accutane ? (Pics)

Discussion in 'General' started by Kenji12349, Oct 8, 2013.

1. #1 Kenji12349, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2013
    I've been suffering from acne, for awhile and im kinda sick of it after trying everything naturally to get rid of it. Its starting to take a mental toll on me and was just wondering if i should go on accutane and get rid of it once and for all? I only get acne on my cheeks and jaw line. None on my forehead. and these aren't like normal pimples they dont come to a head.

Attached Files:

2. Accutane is so bad for the body and mind. Plus, it'll make it waaay worse.

Just get an antibiotic and a retinoid.

Also eat good and excercise.

3. A bunch of asian kids at my highschool had a similar problem, but it was way more intense than what  your pictures show. I always felt so bad for them because I never had any acne problems except for a pimple here and there.

How often do you wash your face other than in the shower?

4. Hey bud, personally I had terrible acne and accurate completely healed it. I'm glad that I did it. However it is terrible for you and not everyone has the same results.

5. Use coconut oil!
    And if possible, cannacoconut oil

6. Honestly if you talk with your doctor and they think you are a good candidate for the medicine, then go for it. Im pretty sure if you have issues with depression your doctor will not suggest it. IF you are taking it and start to feel personality changes then stop the treatments. I know there are other meds that are available too, i dont remember the cream I used when I was in my teens but it burned SOOO bad, I couldnt go out of the house even in the winter without 30 spf sunscreen, BUT it took all my acne away, I couldnt get on accutane because I had issues with depression, my doctor had me go to a psychologist and I wasnt cleared for the medicne.

Do your research, go with whatever you feel the most comfortable with. If you go into this with an optimistic attitude than you are more likely to be satisfied with your choice regardless of what you choose! I know it is hard to go day to day feeling like everyone is staring at your face, but be confient everyday that is the best medicine, eat clean foods so that your diet is affecting your face, wash your hands often to keep oils from spreading, and wash your face multiple times a day. This wont cure you, but it will make your acne more manageable until you find your long term solution!!!

7. I think you should try a natural approach first. I used to have pretty bad acne when I was younger and I remember that drinking water dude wonders! I'm talking like a gallon a day.

Also, as much as you want to do not pick at your pimples with your fingers, if anything use tweezers. Your fingers will have a lot of oils that will just make the acne worse.

Also, when you are in the shower rinse your face with warm water and open up your pores and than rinse with cold water and close them.

Sent from the anus of my dog corkie.

8. #8 Kenji12349, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2013
    Ive been on a gluten and carb free diet and stopped drinking sugary pop and shit. Eat healthy salad everyday. Wash my face 3 times a day with professional facial cleanser and moisturizer. I drink atleast 2 liters of lemon water a day. I was able to keep it under control for a year until last month where i suddenly started to break out like this. Its really making me self concious and im a confident as hell guy. It sucks ass. Thats why im considering accutane...im 18 nowSent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Im becoming desperate to get rid of this

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Maybe this is an issue! I couldnt use moistturizers when I had acne no matter if they were medicated or not, they always made me break out. Maybe stop using it for a little bit and see if it works.

Also do you eat alot of dairy??? That also can cause flare ups.

Good luck to you!

11. #11 Royksopp, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2013
    I used to have really bad acne like yours from when I turned 13 til I was about 18. It does take a huge toll on your self esteem.

I would NOT get on Accutane. In fact, I've seen commercials about lawsuits being filed against the company that makes that "medicine" due to it's horrible side effects (suicidal thoughts being one of them).

Honestly, you either try to treat it as much as possible for the time being or wait it out. I'm a girl so I used to pile on makeup to try and cover the pimples which made it worse. My acne finally started going away once I was 18 and out of high school cuz I wasn't wearing makeup everyday anymore.

Here's some simple stuff you can do:

If you have oily skin, use gels instead of cream lotions. Gels work better with oily skin. Use gel cleansers as well.

Try to change your pillow covers every few days. Oil and bacteria gets on there and eventually your face.

Wash your face twice a day. Use a toner as well, any that treats acne will work.

Benzoyl peroxide or salisylic (sp) acid are your two choices when it comes down to actually getting rid of acne. BP may work for you but not others and vice versa. See which one works best for you. DON'T mix them both though or your face is going to burn.

Drink lots of water to flush out toxins. I know they say diet and chocolate doesn't cause acne but for me both of those things would cause me to break out.

Buy a deep cleansing mask and use it twice a week. Buy one called "Mint Julep" by Queen Helene. They sell it at drugstores and it's pretty cheap and it is a miracle mask for acne. It calms the redness and dries up pimples.

Don't fucking touch your face. And don't pop pimples. I have two noticiable scars on my face thanks to my stupid teenage ass popping them.

Last but not least, ask your parents about how long they had acne for. My mother had acne until around she was 18-19 so I knew I had to wait until then for my horrible acne phase to go away.

12. Go to a dermatologist and get an antibiotic and epiduo or a retinoid, I'm telling you it worked for me when I had it.

13. You probably have nodulocystic or nodular acne which are severe forms of acne. Personally, I'd jump on the accutane. If you haven't tried the prescription acne creams then it might be worth checking those out but after that I'd just take care of it. The worst thing you'll likely have to deal with on accutane is severe dry skin. For example, if you don't keep your lips moisterized they will most likely crack and bleed. Also, you acne might get somewhat worse at first(this happens with some people) but it will get better.

14. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Nope absoloutely no dairy at all and ugh its gonna be hard not to use moisturizer

15. try tea tree oil, that shit works wonders 

I was going the natural way and went to an esthetician monthly where she extracted pimples and did a bunch of fancy shit. It went along way but i really had to be on top of it going every 3 weeks $25, each time. But right now shes been on vacation and doesn't get back til november 11th 

17. But hey thank you guys, really sucks cuz this is the only thing thats holding me back :( im perfectly happy with everythign else about myself

18. If you get girls with it no. If not yes.  I say this because Accutane chaps your lips SOOOO bad, it will get rid of the acne in time but while you use it your lips are phucked.

19. hey thank you so much for the advice, but its weird because i don't scar at all. I only get hyperpigementation marks which are the fukin worse when you have asian skin.

20. Like yo thats the thing i cant tell if my acne is terrible or bad or average. Cause people always view themselves worse than other people do.