GMO Marijuana..

Discussion in 'General' started by FallenOne, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Monsanto is planning to release strains of Marijuana that will be GM'ed.

The days of being able to say Marijuana has never killed someone may soon be ending.

Please, Everyone save your seeds. It is our only way to preserve the miracle that is Cannabis.

• Like Like x 1
  2. what u talkin' bout nigga

• Like Like x 3
  3. Cheers for posting this bro, il be reading the links when I get home from work.

4. I can guarantee most of us have never had 100% organic cannabis that didn't have non-organic nutes and shit added to it. So who cares, most of us smoke GMO'd cannabis to an extent anyways. 

5. It won't happen IMO. People want medical marijuana, not something genetically modified. Weed is cheap, there shouldn't be a demand for possibly cancer causing shit product. A product only thrives when there is demand, and I think the demand for organic properly grown and cared for medicine is much greater. We've seen spice and synthetic weeds play out and its always bad, and I hope Monsanto's gene fuckery will only go the same way!

• Like Like x 2
  6. You don't happen to be a high school English teacher by any chance?

• Like Like x 1
  7. are you serious
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. All my English teacher would talk about is GMO's and occasionally weed so I just had to ask

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yes, I am your teacher.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Right. Feminized seeds are created with the most basic of genetic modification. I mean you are creating a genetic mutation in the sexual expression within your donor plant in order to create seed. GMO's have their place, but should be greatly limited in what can be released to the public. IMO they are fine in our flowers, just not in our food.

11. I think you guys have a misunderstanding as far as the difference between selective breeding and genetic mutation.

Both may alter the plant but only one allows for poison to literally be inserted into the genomes of the plant.

• Like Like x 1
  12. This IS NOT GM. 

this guy knows whats up, and...

speak for yourself, if you don't grow it maybe, but there are a lot of people out here that are very dedicated to this method.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I told all of my "legalize it" friends that that would happen the second it's legalized.

14. There's just the little matter of the preponderance of scientific evidence supporting the fact that current GM crops pose no more risk to human health than traditional crops. 

15. lmao, What bullshit articles have you been reading? Countless scientist have come out saying that GM's have increased cancer, infertility, autoimmune disease, etc..

• Like Like x 1
    Just the bullshit called peer reviewed scientific journals. 

17. #18 Buffalo11024, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2013
    So taking a "true" female clone, one that cannot under natual stress grow male parts, and inducing it to produce male sex organs. The breeders i have met induce these plants with Gibberellic Acid. You see this as selection and not genetic modification? I know it's not the same as puting animal genes in tomatoes, but still basic genetic modification. not one that will cause issue though. I mean sex is set in your genetic make up.

18. Make a poll. I bet most folk here get their weed from random dealers and dont grow their own.

Sent from my cerebrum.

• Like Like x 1
  19. #20 Buffalo11024, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2013
    With as many feminized seeds are on the market. I could see a GMO ban going into effect after further cannabis legalization and every one of those fem marijuana strains being included in the ban. Would give the government a reason to continue their war on the plant give them a few more years to try shutting people down.