Why did people fight for the Axis powers?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeffersong808, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Didnt they know they were the bad guys? & that theyd probably go to hell for all the evil atrocities they've commited?!

Allies ftw!

2. People believe in different shit homie...

3. those are some pretty ignorant accusations. not everyone was involved in horrific war crimes and what were they supposed to do about it even if they were near it?

4. Yep because the allies are so perfect...

I'm sure they've never commited genocide(Native Americans)

5. You make the best threads jeffersong..

6. "The Allies" didnt exist during the settling of America, they were a temporary coalition during WWII.. had nothing to do with native americans lol.

7. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag8BCXpdqXo]Massacre of germans by Poland (Bromberg Bloody Sunday) - YouTube[/ame]

saw this in a WW2 conspiracy thread here. If I saw my family massacred like that I would gladly join the fight.

8. I know that, I am high and can't explain what I meant

9. IDK, why are people fighting for NATO and such?

10. Brainwashing and propaganda all sides were guilty of it you'd be amazed what horrific acts we're all capable of

11. because not everyone was a ww2 history expert like you brah

12. After the part where Hitler invades Poland, they slacked off and didn't read the part where he turns out to be a big floppy pussy and caps himself in the face while hiding in a hole.

13. It's amazing how propaganda can effect people's way of thinking over a very short amount of time. I think we can all be tricked into doing fucked up shit if we believe it's for the greater good or convinced its a logical next step. Look at how America is changing the passed 20 years or so. Covert operations with Cuba and such, we are kinda assholes (I live in North America) lol

14. The Allies, despite attempts to be portrayed as such, were not exactly good guys. There was slaughter on nearly all sides, the Allies being no exception, whether it be the illegal imprisonment of German soldiers, air raids on civilians, Operation Teardrop, the French Goumiers, the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, etc. Not even counting the atrocities Stalin committed against his own people.

There were no clean hands in WWII.

15. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were totally acts of peace.

16. when i read the thread title i said exactly this.

there is also the threat of punishment by death if you try to desert your army.

it all starts with the person joining an army during a realatively peaceful time because its money for their family and for the most part military service was often mandatory thru either draft or just straight up you have to join by a certain age or they kill your family. the person was often ignorant of information about the things his country has previously done because they didnt have the internet and all education was state controlled.

i had a conversation about our educational system this weekend about why dont you learn things about other parts of the world while the civil war WW1 and WW2 and vietnam were happening. it ends up the victor tells the story and because they won they can tell it however they want cuz the loser is probably not there to refute the claims. for example, german people today learn essentially nothing about WW2. its like it never happened to them. you cant even talk about nazis in germany today or you will be considered one or a dispatriot and then you go to prison.

but in effect the nation whose army wins the most tells its army about how wonderful their country is and how righteous their cause is in helping its people and so you should be a patriot so you can help defend your rights granted by a constitution.

so while the people are at war with whatever countries they certainly dont tell their lowly soldiers about what secret stuff they are doing. they may tell their soldiers that jews and pols and gypsies and italians are scum and a waste to your wonderful country's society and economy and they are the reason for this and that so dont feel bad about treating them poorly.

in fact why dont we just put them in a ghetto that segregates them from our bright citizens who actually provide a better future for us as a whole. sounds great that we can just do that huh?

actually you know we did such a good job and our economy is improving, why dont we just round them up all together (since they are already in one place) and deport them so we dont even have to waste our time with that garbage. so if you could just round them up and tell them to get on a train and GTFO that'd be great, mmk?

but where are they going?
    pssh. not here. thats all that matters.
    sounds good to me.

the difference that most people dont understand is that the nazis and SS and gestapo were different than the regular german army. most just lump them all together. kinda like the FBI and CIA and DEA are all different departments and do a few different things and have different agendas but they are still part of the same machine.

all of it is misinformation and propaganda to get enlistments up to fight a larger battle than what the conscript is aware of. just the big bad US and their allies are trying to destroy our country and pollute our recently cleansed race. fuck those guys right. how dare they. lets kill the bastards

watch this video of a true story about how this can happen so easy.
    video itself is old and quality isnt that great. but its only 45 minutes and the story is pretty decent but it will give you the best idea.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICng-KRxXJ8]The Wave - YouTube[/ame]

17. Fascism was highly appealing, in the case of Germany, Hitler practically eliminated unemployment when over 25% of Germans were unemployed. He also restored Germany's honor after the humiliating loss in WW1 and the ridiculous conditions in the Treaty of Versailles, by re-militarizing the Rhineland, annexing Austria and the Sudeten land in Czechoslovakia. And in Japan it was more of serving the Emperor, and dying in battle was a great way to solidify your family's honor.

But the real reason is probably beause they didn't have a choice. Germany and Japan had mandatory conscription. Shit Hitler started to use 14 and 15 year olds from the Hitler Youth when Berlin was getting butt fucked by the Soviets.

18. Truth.

Anddddddd /thread.

19. Germany, Italy and Japan supported two main things: Fascism and imperialism.

20. #20 nimblybimbly, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2013
    Not to say the axis powers were awesome(the whole genocide thing kind of ruined that) but the allies weren't the best dudes in the world. What about the Japanes internment camps? Ruined people's lives, they lost their homes, jobs, families, and dignity. I read a book called 'farewell to manzanar' it's about a young girls view on her and her families experience in an internment camp(Manzanar). Her dad turns into a raging alcoholic, a former fisherman, he lost his boat and got put into Manzanar, then he lost his mind. Once he starts drinking, he beats his kids and wife, and alienates his oldest son after he gets in a fight with him. It may not be mass murder, but it sure as hell wasn't right.