What's the security like on Amtrak carry on baggage ? Should I be worried ?

Discussion in 'General' started by Werbenjagerman, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Amtrak ftw, buy a large jar of peanut butter and pack your well sealed shiz, down to the bottom of the jar.
    It will make you feel much more secure throughout your venture, and you can even bring celery and a butter knife if you'd like to make use of the randomness of having peanut butter on an amtrak train.
    Don't be scared of cannies, or humans for that matter.
    I believe they have to be told to start sniffing for substances
    and that won't happen without probable cause, plus most cannies are only trained to sniff out 1 or two differen't types of substances not every one.

2. The travels I have done no foodstuffs or liquids were allowed on-board unless it was bought in the departure area.
    You should reconsider the peanut butter thing. the wax will probably also show up as something different on the xrays of your luggage.

Bad idea.

3. Peanut butter doesn't do jack shit to stop dogs a human would smell the pb and weed mix but to a dogs nose it smells the peanuts the oil the weed the plastic everything even if you vacuum seel the jar if you hold the weed than touch the jar you're leaving weed sent on the jar which the dog will be able to smell

4. Those are bomb sniffing dogs not drug smuggling

5. I wanna meet a drug smuggling dog

I bet he would be the chillest dog ever

6. God damn that made me laugh hard.

I can understand the part about not wanting to self-incriminate, but Smitty? Really? That's the first name that popped into your head? Mother Fucking Smitty?

My advice: Tell Smitty not to drop the soap when he takes his first shower after that trip.

7. Hold on, I didnt say it would keep a cannie from sensing the shiz.
    If I had shiz on me and stuffed it in peanut butter rather then my pocket or sock. It would make me feel a tad more secure about carrying anything.

8. buy weed when you get there, problem solved.

9. the peanut butter thing is a myth. it gets people caught. on planes that is. on a train you can put it in whatever you want cus im pretty sure they dont look at your luggage at all. its sorta like the greyhound in that way. you just buy and ticket and get on, no questions asked.

10. I'm taking the amtrak from California to Minnesota. What can I expect as far as checked baggage? I've got a backpack and a medium black stuff sack with a tent and sleeping bag. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app