Weird falling sensation when trying to sleep?

Discussion in 'General' started by MikeyChill, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Anyone ever be so exhausted that you cant actually get back to sleep? It feels like just before I fall asleep I have a weird falling sensation and it jolts me awake and I feel in a surreal state. Almost like an anxiety.

I found this typically happens after a few hard days of drinking. Connecting the dots here.

anyone else?

:confused:

2. No not me, i have been asleep and dreamt i was falling, but i always wake up before i hit the floor.
    Apparently if you dont wake up and you hit the floor you have a heart attack, or so i read. Not sure how true that is.
    Maybe stop the days of hard drinking, it sounds like your body aint liking it.

3. I would tend to agree with the chillin out on the drink.

4. sometimes, like tonight i'll lay down and it doesnt even feel like i fell asleep, and then i'll get up to get a drink or something, and wtf it's been 5 hours... body does weird things as you get older...

5. It happens to me when I go to bed stoned, its you falling asleep but you feel it and stop yourself.

6. Astral projection? Becoming lucid?

7. I use to always get those weird sensations when sleeping due to lack of sleep, weird falling sensation... an electric-like current coming up my spine waking me up, being awake but can't move any part of my body and it's pretty fucking scary. I found a good nights sleep fixes this, try to get at least 8 hours of sleep every night.

8. that weird falling sensation is a tricky one... personally i rekon it feels great, like you're sinking into another dimension, letting it envelope your entire body. but because this feels so good it makes me too aware and then im fully awake again.

9. The falling sensation is what I use to lucid dream. Only time I actualy kno I'm dreaming

10. Yeah it happens to me. They say it's because your mind is changing from the R.E.M. cycle to the next. It usually happens within the first 15 minutes that you're trying to sleep.

11. As for the 'not waking up before hitting the ground', it depends on your religious beliefs.

12. Feels good to read this because I've had it too and it scares the shit outta me.

13. In almost every dream I have when falling I hit the ground, only time I didn't is when my I was napping and my brother woke me up while falling. If I remember right I was skydiving and both my chutes failed to open and then I am awaken to him screaming at the pets lol