I'm quitting smoking & would like others to share their quitting stories, thanks.

Discussion in 'General' started by theonly0ne, Oct 15, 2012.

1. #1 theonly0ne, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012
    Hey all, I'll make this direct. I'm a 21 year old college student, and I had smoked weed basically every single day, all day, since I was a junior in High School. (a gram or two a day) I am diagnosed with ADHD, and it was an easy excuse for me to "calm" my mind & aid with sleep (I take stimulant medication for school) The habit definitely escalated after my first year of usage, to the point where it was my main concern when I woke up, and it depleted my pockets more times than I can remember. However, this past summer was different. I suddenly became bored with pot & every time I would spark up, it just wasn't the same. My best friend recently returned from south america & after being away for 7 months, he said being clean is the best thing that has ever happened to him. Anyways, for smoking all day everyday I had been getting solid grades, which actually frustrates me because I know my capabilities and I feel the mental cloudiness is only holding me back from being a better student.

My point is I stopped smoking cold turkey 2 weeks ago, and I haven't really had a place to get all this sh*t off my chest & figured other people are in a similar position as me. I haven't really had any negative effects so far, other than the minor insomnia, which comes and goes. I workout & play basketball almost daily, and I have set a weight gain goal which will certainly help keep my mind off weed. My plan is to become a workout fiend this winter, as well as an avid reader & drawer, all hobbies that had taken a backseat to toking the past few years. I don't want to make a "deal" with myself and only smoke on weekends or something because trust me, I've tried it. I would love to actually make it at least 6 months to cleanse all the THC and toxins from my body. I was planning on posting here every week or two to update my status and share my experience.

This post isn't for critics, it's for people who are in the same boat, have any advice, or who simply want to listen. This is about me starting the next chapter in my life, and I'm excited to see what I can do with clear eyes and an open mind.

PLEASE NOTE- I will never frown upon a fellow smoker or weed in general simply because I've quit. This is just my choice and I'm sick of breaking promises to myself and to my family & friends.

thanks for reading/listening. Have a great day!

2. No permanent T breaks for me shorty!

3. If you feel that you would do better without weed, quit. There's nothing wrong with this decision.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I agree; there's nothing wrong with quitting dro. However, if your problem is simply boredom... try smoking with new people, doing new things, and smoking less often. You don't need to (and probably shouldn't) smoke weed before classes. Some people say it helps them learn, and I suppose to each their own, but I'm sure getting high before class isn't the best way to learn. I know it makes me harder on me.

Anyways, just some suggestions. Good luck,

• Like Like x 1
  5. [quote name='"ganjaherbtoker"']If you feel that you would do better without weed, quit. There's nothing wrong with this decision.[/quote]

Nothing wrong with your decision at all, in fact it's quite a mature choice.

6. Agreed with them. If you feel it's best to quit then that's absolutely what you should do. It might fall upon deaf ears but if you get bored smoking maybe changing the method would help. Edibles, vaping, etc. is this a permanent t-break, long term quitting, or you'll smoke every now and then?

7. Why would you make an account on a weed website solely to post this. If you want to quit, remove yourself from the situation. Don't you think reading this site is just going to make you want to smoke? I don't understand this post at all.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I definitely don't see any problem with quitting. I'm actually excited to see what I feel like in a couple of months. I did smoke before classes....Like I said, I smoked all day everyday....within 30 minutes of waking up, before & after every meal, before and after almost every class, and right before bed.

I was basically looking for other people's stories and insight on how & why they quit. I wasn't trying to give off the impression I was feeling guilty or regretting quitting.

9. I once quit for a while,
    but I started toking as soon as I woke up :smoke:

10. Try reading the title? He's asking others to share quitting stories.

I guess Alcoholics Anonymous is a silly notion, why are all these people who are trying to quit getting support from their peers, instead of just removing themselves from the situation? I don't understand them at all. /s

11. He created an account just to post this. I can understand if he was a long time member saying he was quitting, but he signed up just to post this. It makes no sense. This site is not the weed version of AA, they have that and it's called NA. This is a site full of a bunch of people who are smoking bongs at this very moment.

12. Exactly.

Every couple days there's a thread like this where the OP just registered hours ago, and the thread goes like "Help i need to quit weed my life is ruined"..

If you abuse weed, use it as a crutch, then blame yourself, not weed.

I'm sick of this shit. Say what you say.

13. I bet twenty internet dollars you don't last a month.

14. Dude are you alright? This was the only weed forum I knew of, but thanks for the insight...Also, If I remember correctly, I specifically asked for others to share their stories & for critics to hold their tongue.

I don't understand why this offends you, but whatever

15. I've been thinking of doing the same thing man...

16. Exactly. I'm way more addicted to the internet and jerking it then I'll ever be to bud. If you're able to enjoy life sober then you'll be able to enjoy life high.

• Like Like x 1

17. It offends me because it is stupid. It's like if I wanted to quit smoking cigs so I went out to the smoking area outside my work and asked all the smokers their advice on quitting smoking.

18. Mine is a pretty simple story. Probation.... just not worth it

19. Ask me if I give a fuck what you think.....

20. You are a fiend and won't last two weeks.