Does anyone have any information on pregnacy and marijuanna?

Discussion in 'General' started by iwontwaitforyou, Aug 28, 2012.

1. I just need the facts...I'm making a bunch of images in photoshop promoting going green for my tumblr. I know that it helps birth weight...at least, I think it does.

Anyone wanna quick list drugs women take LEGALLY while pregnant and their effects, and marijuanna and their effects on baby/pregnancy?

I also heard if your on medicare/medicaid theyll drug test your baby and if its positive for mj theyll take it away? True? False?

Or point me to a site?

2. Storm Crow should be along shortly... :smoke: She has ALL the answers.

3. Tell her I'm waiting ! :smoke:

4. Come on guys, I need a little time to sleep and wash dishes! lol OK here is a good one to start with-

Pregnant Women Smoking Pot Could Reduce Infant Mortality (news - 2010)
    Pregnant Women Smoking Pot Could Reduce Infant Mortality

Since I have so many articles and studies about pregnancy and prenatal exposure, I am only going to give you the last few year's worth. If you want them all, check out the bottom of my sig for my email addy!

CB2 receptors in reproduction (full - 2008) CB2 receptors in reproduction

Volumetric MRI Study of Brain in Children With Intrauterine Exposure to Cocaine, Alcohol, Tobacco, and Marijuana (full - 2008)
    http://pediatrics.aappublications.o...&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=400&resourcetype=HWCIT

Loss of Cannabinoid Receptor CB1 Induces Preterm Birth (full - 2008)
    Loss of Cannabinoid Receptor CB1 Induces Preterm Birth

Medical marijuana: a surprising solution to severe morning sickness (news - 2008)
    Medical Marijuana: A Surprising Solution to Severe Morning Sickness // Current TV

Maternal tobacco, cannabis and alcohol use during pregnancy and risk of adolescent psychotic symptoms in offspring. (full - 2009) Maternal tobacco, cannabis and alcohol use during pregnancy and risk of adolescent psychotic symptoms in offspring

Localisation and Function of the Endocannabinoid System in the Human Ovary
    (full - 2009) Localisation and Function of the Endocannabinoid System in the Human Ovary

Marijuana/ Cannabis use in Pregnancy – Dr. Melanie Dreher (article – 2009)
    Marijuana / Cannabis Use In Pregnancy

During pregnancy, recreational drug-using women stop taking ecstasy (3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine) and reduce alcohol consumption, but continue to smoke tobacco and cannabis: initial findings from the Development and Infancy Study. (abst - 2009) During pregnancy, recreational drug-using ... [J Psychopharmacol. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabinoid/Endocannabinoid signaling impact on early pregnancy events.
    (abst - 2009) Cannabinoid/Endocannabinoid signalin... [Curr Top Behav Neurosci. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

Short communication: Urinary excretion of 11-nor-9-carboxy-Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol in a pregnant woman following heavy, chronic cannabis use.
    (letter - 2009)
    Unbound MEDLINE | Short communication: Urinary excretion of 11-nor-9-carboxy-Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol in a pregnant woman following heavy, chronic cannabis use. PubMed Journal article abstract

CLAIM #7: MARIJUANA USE DURING PREGNANCY HARMS THE FETUS
    (news - 2009) Erowid Cannabis Vault : Exposing Marijuana Myths

Maternal Marijuana use not Associated with Psychotic Symptoms , but Alcohol is
    (news - 2009)
    Maternal Marijuana use not Associated with Psychotic Symptoms , but Alcohol is

The Maternal Lifestyle Study: Sleep Problems in Children with Prenatal Substance Exposure (full – 2010) The Maternal Lifestyle Study: Sleep Problems in Children with Prenatal Substance Exposure

Cannabinoids and Reproduction: A Lasting and Intriguing History (full – 2010)
    http://www.mdpi.com/1424-8247/3/10/3275/pdf

A prospective study on intrauterine cannabis exposure and fetal blood flow.
    (abst – 2010) A prospective study on intrauterine cannabis e... [Early Hum Dev. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

Tocolytic Effect of Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol in Mice Model of Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Preterm Delivery: Role of Nitric Oxide (abst - 2010) Tocolytic Effect of

A common variation in the cannabinoid 1 receptor (CNR1) gene is associated with pre-eclampsia in the Central European population. (abst - 2010) A common variation in the c... [Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Characteristics of pregnant illicit drug users and associations between cannabis use and perinatal outcome in a population-based study (abst - 2010) Characteristics of pregnant illicit drug... [Drug Alcohol Depend. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

Pregnant Women Smoking Pot Could Reduce Infant Mortality (news - 2010)
    Pregnant Women Smoking Pot Could Reduce Infant Mortality

Pregnant women turning to cannabis for morning sickness relief risk prosecution
    (news - 2010)
    Pregnant women turning to cannabis for morning sickness relief risk prosecution | The NORML Stash Blog

Scientific Opinion on the safety of hemp (Cannabis genus) for use as animal feed
    (full – 2011) (deceptive title)
    http://www.hanf-info.ch/info/en/IMG/pdf/EIHA-11-05-31_EIHA-Statement_on_THC_in_feed.pdf

Sex difference in cell proliferation in developing rat amygdala mediated by endocannabinoids has implications for social behavior (full – 2011) Sex difference in cell proliferation in developing rat amygdala mediated by endocannabinoids has implications for social behavior

Prenatal tobacco, marijuana, stimulant, and opiate exposure: outcomes and practice implications. (full – 2011) Prenatal Tobacco, Marijuana, Stimulant, and Opiate Exposure: Outcomes and Practice Implications

Commentary: Functional Neuronal CB2 Cannabinoid Receptors in the CNS.
    (full – 2011) Commentary: Functional Neuronal CB2 Cannabinoid Receptors in the CNS

Medical Marijuana: Can Pot Help Pregnant Women With Vomiting and Nausea? (article – 2011)
    Pregnancy and Medical Marijuana: Can Pot Help Pregnant Women With Vomiting and Nausea? | Patients for Medical Cannabis

Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome: an underreported entity causing nausea and vomiting of pregnancy. (abst – 2011) Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome: an und... [Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Cocaine, Opiate, and Cannabinoid Infant Mortality Study (news – 2011)
    Cocaine, Opiate, and Cannabinoid Infant Mortality Study | The Weed Street Journal

Pharmacological characterization of the peripheral FAAH inhibitor URB937 in female rodents: interaction with the Abcg2 transporter in the blood-placenta barrier.
    (abst – 2012) Pharmacological characterization of the peripheral FAAH inhibitor URB937 in female rodents: interaction with the Abcg2 transporter in the blood-placenta barrier. - Moreno-Sanz - British Journal of Pharmacology - Wiley Online Library

Acetaminophen, pesticide, and diethylhexyl phthalate metabolites, anandamide, and fatty acids in deciduous molars: potential biomarkers of perinatal exposure. (abst – 2012) Acetaminophen, pesticide, and d... [J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Researchers study neuroprotective properties in cannabis (news - 2012)
    Researchers study neuroprotective properties in cannabis | Fox News

Hope that helps!

Granny :wave:

5. StromCrow, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I Love You.