Several injured after shooting near Texas A&M

Discussion in 'General' started by DDV, Aug 13, 2012.

1. #1 DDV, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
    COLLEGE STATION, TX (KLTV) - Several people, including law enforcement officers, are reported shot after an incident near the Texas A&M campus in College Station. The shooting happened around the noon hour at the intersection of Fidelity and Highlands Street, just two blocks southeast of the Texas A&M University campus.Texas A&M's Code Maroon Alert system issued an alert around 12:45p.m. saying police had the shooter in custody and urged the public to continue to avoid the area.

KBTX-TV reports the shooter was firing from a house with automatic weapons. They have also confirmed law enforcement are some of those reported shot in the incident.

source: Shooter in custody, several injured after shooting near Texas A& - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

----------

Thoughts? This is like the third shooting this month.

2. My thoughts?

People are crazy.

3. Automatic weapons are cool...

More people should have them !

Aha

4. I'm all for personal liberties, but that's one of the dumbest things I've heard. There's no need for civilians to have automatic weapons, hand guns are fine for self-defense.

5. [quote name='"thestonedstoner"']

I'm all for personal liberties, but that's one of the dumbest things I've heard. There's no need for civilians to have automatic weapons, hand guns are fine for self-defense.[/quote]

But zomgg merica!#! da. Conzditutionnn!!!!! Dis is mericaaaa me and my cuntry men shud be able to haz tanks damit is my rights!!!!!!

6. I think he was being sarcastic, but I agree.

This is getting out of hand.

7. Crazy people do as crazy person does

8. Everyone but convicts should be issued a handgun to protect themselves, well it was an idea surely someone would go on a rampage

9. Americans and their guns

10. Idk why we continue to have debates on gun laws. When's the last time you heard of something good coming of someone having a gun? I don't care what kind it is, and I don't care if some can handle the responsibility. Fact is most people can't

11. True, many people cannot handle having a gun. I've known too many people who go ape shit crazy with their guns....scares me!

This is getting more and more common now huh, not good at all..

12. You haven't seen the YouTube videos thatre just 911 audio clips of people owning invaders during a home invasion?

There's one with this guy and after a minute of talking to the operator he's like..

"I'm gunna go shoot em"

Operator "DO NOT SHOOT"

BANG! Bang!

"Alright. I shot em"

And there's the southern girl who shot and killed a guy that broke into her Home with her baby there not even a few months ago.

13. Now only if everyone was a pot head.... and americas main seller is maryjane not guns........

:cool:

14. 65 Year Old Women Stops Jewelry Store Robbery With Her Handgun

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQdpmxsGu6c]Concealed Handgun License Holder Stops Bank Robbery - YouTube[/ame]

Charges Dropped Against NH Man Who Fired Gun To Stop Burglar « CBS Boston

Guns are the debbil :rolleyes:

That's three, would you like more?

15. since GC wont let me upload images anymore....

insert 2012 meme here:cool:

16. Lets see.
    Criminals have guns, law enforcement has guns, the military has guns & I'm unarmed. Sounds about right:rolleyes:

Not in this lifetime:D

17. So lets pass a law banning guns right? After that, every law abiding citizen would turn in their guns, and criminals would continue to break the law keeping theirs and go on rampages. There's a lot of crazy bastards here in Texas but a lot of them know how many good citizens carry firearms as well.

18. #19 Henry Krinkle, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
    That's because the media is almost exclusively liberal. Anytime someone like James homes goes nuts and kills innocent people. They blow up the story and it doesn't leave headlines for weeks or months.

On the other hand when an innocent life or lives are spared because of a gun, it gets a short blurb if anything at all.

and there are 300 million guns in this country, id say the majority are pretty responsible. I know dozens of gun owners and none of them have ever shot anyone. The thousands of gun deaths pretty much exclusively occur in inner cities due to gang violence.

If they focused on gang violence and cleaning up urban neighborhoods shit wouldnt even be an issue.

19. That was the Joe Horn incident in TX. Do you even know the whole story? It was not a home invasion. The home owners were not home. Joe horn knew no one was home, and still took the law into his own hands. He came out of his house and shot the two robbers as they were trying to leave the scene.