Should police be called out for being adrenaline junkies?

Discussion in 'General' started by Messiah Decoy, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Do you think police are hooked on the adrenaline rush.

And isn't that a form of drug abuse?

2. Is this a serious thread?

I'm inclined to scoff because of your signature and obvious bias against police officers. It's easy to bring up the ones who abuse their authority, but most do not.

3. I'm absolutely serious.

and bias doesn't indicate a person is wrong.

A Libertarian might be biased against Obama, that doesn't mean all their allegations against him are wrong.

4. Yea I don't think there's enough good cops to out justify all the dick pigs we have

5. You're already going off topic.

But most police don't deserve to have authority over the population, so the very fact that they have authority over the population is abusive.

6. I never said it meant you were wrong, but it means you're obviously downing on police and you don't make a point to clarify that it's the corrupt ones you despise or the whole system.

We need law enforcement, and the ones that enforce it are only human. Am I excusing corruptness? No. Most law enforcers are not corrupt.

If you have a better system to put in place, we'd all love to hear about it.

7. On topic:

If you think about what a cop has to do on a daily basis, they kind of have to love the adrenaline rush to like their job.

8. #8 Messiah Decoy, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2012
    First, I acknowledge a police force is necessary evil but that doesn't mean they deserve authority over most people they encounter. Few of them seem aware of this.

Secondly, I never said all police are corrupt. Many are arrogant and vindictive around certain types of people (stoners included) but not necessarily corrupt.

Please stop trying to derail the thread.

9. #9 Legal Eyes, Jun 13, 2012
    [​IMG]

10. Are we posting memes now?

Oh okay

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Saying all cops are adrenaline junkies is like saying all monks are dope fiends.

It has nothing to do with adrenaline, but rather the necessity to be in control.

13. Police have to anticipate driving at high speeds, getting into physical altercations, running after dangerous criminals, go into homes with unknown threats, and stopping someone who could possibly have gun them.

Would you rather be afraid in these situations or HIGH???

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GASlTbaOAdA]Hooked On Adrenaline - Part 1 - GySgt. Brad Colbert - YouTube[/ame]

14. ^^^ it gets more interesting at 5:00.

15. Call them out see if it does anything

16. Maybe "called out" wasn't the right term.

More like "exposed". :smoke:

17. This can't be serious.

So cops get adrenaline from the job they're doing, so we should expose them on that? Unless they're injecting something like speed then...

"Uhh sorry sir I also produce blood cells if you want to nail me for that too"

18. #18 Messiah Decoy, Jun 13, 2012
    Yeah that's how drugs work. The release chemicals in your brain.

So cops don't ingest anything before the chemicals are released. So what?

They still get high every time they arrest someone or go on a high speed chase or search for a suspect or stop a suspicious car.

19. Lol seriously. Smoke less weed and come back to reality :D

20. Quit while your behind OP.
    Good and bad people occupy all occupations.
    Generaliztions are often too broad and illogical.
    You can hate on the police, but we need them(to a dregree) like it or not.

And anyone can be an adrenaline junkie.
    Maybe you're a boxer/mixed fighter.
    Maybe you play hockey, football or some other fast paced sport.
    Maybe you're like jackass etc and like doing crazy stunts etc
    etc. etc.

So anyone can be an adrenaline junkie and anyone can be a cop.
    So are some cops adrenaline junkies? Maybe. Are all of them, of course not.
    Does it come with the profession? Of course not.
    It varies like any kind of behavior from person to person because we're all different people.