Does clear choice hair detox work for a 1/8 a week smoker

Discussion in 'General' started by Rightbackatya, Jul 25, 2006.

1. anyone ever try this stuff and if so what were the results?

2. Before using this stuff myself I did some research online and found no one that had a good result from any of the shampoos. I read several comments from close minded idiots who wrote things like "None of these shampoo's work.", "You shouldn't use drugs in the first place." and "Better luck next temptation."

Great.

So, I called a local "head shop" here in Atlanta that carried Clear Choice and talked to a guy who sounded qualified to answer my questions, (ie. sounded like a stoner) :) He said the stuff works and has a money back guarantee of 200% if it doesnt.

So, wanting to make sure I could at least hold a real person in town accountable if it doesnt, I drove about 30 minutes accross town and talked to the guy in person. He said that they used to carry another brand for a while as well, but it didnt work for SOME of the people so they dropped it and now they just carry Clear Choice. According to this guy who has been working there for a few years, the stuff works.

I bought the shampoo and when I got home I even called the number on the package and spoke to the people who make it. I asked them to please explain how it works. They told me that first the shampoo cleans the hair throughly. Then you add the second product which you basically leave in without drying. This "conditioner" actually has one or more chemicals which will react with the drug metabolites when the hair is pulverized in the testing laboratory.

To explain more precisely, when they take your hair sample, there are molecules trapped inside the hair itself that have been deposited there during the time that drugs were in your blood stream. You liver breaks down a drug over time, but each time the molecule passed through the liver only one step is taken to break it down. These chemical are called metabolites and this is what ends up inside your hair.

When your hair reaches a lab, they take a sample of pulverize the hair to a dust which is then dissolved in some solvent. after a few minutes a layer of oils will form on top of the solvent. This oily layer is what they test for the drug metabolites. Since the chemicals in the hair conditioner were on top of your hair, they also end up in this solvent and react with the metabolites somehow changing them into other chemicals which they do not test for.

My background is in Chemistry so I had to really dig into this stuff before I felt comfortable doing that hair analysis with the shampoo. Obviously, I had to try something because I couldnt say no to the hair test. But the science behind the shampoo / conditioner system makes sense and I can say that it did work for me.

During the three month time frame that is examined in a hair test, I had used cocaine one evening (maybe 5 lines as I recall) and taken 2 tablets of MDMA at New Years. So, I was hopeful this shampoo would at least mask these two occurances.

However, during the same time frame I had taken about 30 7.5mg Hydrocodone by Rx for problems with my back and 10 valium which I take to help me sleep when I travel internationally. Neither of those showed up in the results either. I was honestly suprised and very pleased.

I decided to take some time to write this out and post it a few places online so that other people stuck in a simular prediciment would have some honest feedback from someone else that has been worried sick over an inopportune request for a hair analysis.

I hope this helps.

I cant say for sure that this shampoo will work for heavier drug users, but based on the guy's feedback at the headshop (I am sure he sees a lot of more regular users) he said it works all the time.

3. I know it's a dated post but want to thank you for it. Just bought a bottle of all clear and praying it's going to work