How to refuse a DUI Checkpoint (Know Your Rights)

Discussion in 'General' started by BakedFreshStone, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Ever wondered how to avoid being detained/stopped at a DUI checkpoint?
    Here's how.
    Click the link or copy & paste the link bellow to watch the video, very interesting. Hopefully one day there wont be any need to avoid these entrapments where they harass 99% of abiding citizens to catch one or two drunks when they could just go out patrolling like how they should be and catching these drunks before they get in their cars and avoiding this huge mess in the first place. Do yer jobs cops!

How to refuse a DUI Checkpoint | sr22-ca.com

2. Thanks but I just drive through. I keep a box of Krispy Kream in the glove, the easy road man.

3. You after trying this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCKtfdVqK7c]South Park - Randy - I thought this was America! - YouTube[/ame]

4. Hell ya! Too bad I don't drink...

5. Yes I agree

6. This dude did it exactly the way your suppose to do it. Know your rights and assert them. Check Points are not legal and you don't have to answer anything. Cops must reasonable suspect you of crime to detain you, not just stop random people for nothing.

7. [quote name='"BakedFreshStone"']Ever wondered how to avoid being detained/stopped at a DUI checkpoint?
    Here's how.
    Click the link or copy & paste the link bellow to watch the video, very interesting. Hopefully one day there wont be any need to avoid these entrapments where they harass 99% of abiding citizens to catch one or two drunks when they could just go out patrolling like how they should be and catching these drunks before they get in their cars and avoiding this huge mess in the first place. Do yer jobs cops!

How to refuse a DUI Checkpoint | sr22-ca.com[/quote]

Hell yea..like a boss

8. that was pretty tight. dude held his ground.

9. I have to give some props to the police in the video, they kept their cool and let him go when they realized it was pointless instead of making a scene.

10. It was only because he was filming them. If he wasn't it would have been different, I assure you.

11. THIS:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCZB-k4jKBc]5 Police Officers vs A law knowing Citizen - YouTube[/ame]

Talk about owned.

12. True! I don't drink but they always scream and flash their lights in your eyes on purpose to blind you... They abuse their power and it's just about time we assert ours or else all our rights will be taken.

13. Anyone else here "That's a nice car!" near the end?

14. Hit the books buddy.
    Like the guy said iggnorance doesn't justify shit.
    You just have to apply yourself aka want to learn and know something new.;)

15. No violence, just victory through intelligience.
    Stand up job he did, and rightly so.
    Hope something came of all his info gathering on those present.

16. Why refuse? I play calm & collected works everytime..

17. I don't know what part of the world your from but where I'm from in Cali - you try that shit or if you talk back they will throw you in the back of the cruiser... Sometimes they let you go cuz they know they can't do shit but they will hold you a long as they legally could (1 hour ), tow your car, get a fine or have to show up to court just for the cop not to show and waste your whole time; sure we can assert ourselves...... but is it worth getting our car towed and having them fuck up your clutch in the tow process, and to top it all off still get a fine/CHP reff ticket for "modified exhaust"( although I had the stock exhaust -just not catalytic converters, just because it was a bit louder) and noise pullution (on old stock speakers and stereo of a 90's car??), then having to finding a ride home at 1:30am cuz I'm about 35 miles away from home , yeah that's what happened to me , payed about $320 to get it out, fine was $90 plus lots of my time putting stock components back into engine to pass the CHP inspection, not counting my clutch they fucked (RWD car towed wrong I believe) there's really no point in taking them to small claims( the fee to file small claims and my time is worth more than the $500 I payed for a clutch)... All for refusing a search , no weed in car, hadent smoked all day. I also I had no backseats and the rear was gutted , and it was a hatchback style car so there is no trunk so WTF?? All there was to search was the glovebox and center console , I just refused the search because it was Late as fuck at night, I had been driving 40miles, I just wanted to go home and sleep, and didn't feel like sitting out on the side of the freeway in the cold while they look thru my shit.
    Yeah law and shit works kool in theory , but there 1 variable in the equation; cops lie, and who the fuck is the judge goin to believe?

18. And this is why you get one of these. Cops lie, cameras and audio recordings of the incident don't.

Voyager Car Camera GPS Logger | Dual Dash Cam - GPS Camera For Vehicle

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyqSvTQydTY&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

And since it goes to your computer, there is no destroying the footage.

Also worthwhile to get a camera that will look at the driver side window or in the rear of the car as well.

19. They knew he wasn't drunk and just didn't want to deal with his shit, nor did they want the line behind him to be a mile and a half long