how does she look?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by djh420, Aug 28, 2008.

1. #1 djh420, Aug 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008
    ok so i have an unknown strain that was aquired at a local dispensary....my buddy gave it to me to grow since he doesn't know anything about growing..... he said they told him it was a Kush strain but he forgot what kind....so i know very little about it...... it's been flowering for close to 5 weeks (it'll be 5 weeks on aug. 30) outside under a metal screen to keep the heat out since its about 100degrees during the day here......its approximately 12in. from dirt to top and bent to the side to allow more light to get the lower part...just wondering what you guys think. you can see some of the pistils are starting to turn dark already but she has very little trichomes....is this normal?? i gave her some molasses last saturday and i feed her 10-52-10 once a week and then filtered water every other day........
    anyway just wanted some general input on possible strain and if she looks good for 4 1/2 weeks flowering.... oh yeah, she gets direct sunlight (through the metal screen) from sunrise till about 1:30 or 2:00pm......

sorry gotta go to work...don't want to be late!!!! will post pics today after work..........

Attached Files:

2. Guess I'll give you a reply dude since no one else has yet. I can't help you on what strain it is. I can tell you however that your plant might be an early finisher. Meaning it might only need 8 to 10 weeks of flowering to mature. If I was guessing... and only guessing you might be ready for harvest in 2 to 4 more weeks. Maybe someone else will jump on this to help out since I replied. Keep an eye on it, you don't want it to go past it's prime!!

3. I don't know what it is but it sure is pretty!

4. thanks for the response guys.......looks like my girl is still growing more pistils so who knows how much longer. i just hope i see some more trichomes....i love the frosty look! I think i will invest in a pocket microscope to check the trichs to insure a proper harvest time.....i'm not expecting a big yield obviously so the best i can do is harvest at the proper time.... i'm hoping for a 1/4oz. maybe which is not bad since she was free. you guys think thats a reasonable expectation for a 12in. plant? oh, does anyone know when/if i should give her more molasses and if i can mix it with the 10-52-10 and feed at the same time? i plan on feeding her again this weekend. Last weekend i gave her some Grandma's molasses at 2tbs. per gallon of water. anyway thanks again for the responses guys. much appreciated..........peace

5. #5 hillbillybudman, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008
  6. #6 djh420, Aug 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2008
    hey thanks for the comments.......yeah i'm pretty sure its not a Lowryder strain because its a clone (can't really clone the autoflowers) and they don't have lowryder at the particular dispensary it came from...... I think its reached its max height of around 12in. because i put it outside as soon as i got her and put it in soil. It was about 5-6inches tall at that time and she started to flower about two weeks after I put her outside...... So anyway, I don't know about getting an ounce or more...... tomorrow i'll post pics of the whole plant so you can see what I mean. If I get a 1/4oz i'll be happy......

thanx again for the replies everyone!! i'll keep you updated! I also have a really small Sensi Star clone that's also outside and just started to flower after being outside for a week and a half. Next to the unknown "Kush" clone and the Sensi Star clone is another freebie clone the dispensary gave my fiance. It's pretty pitiful looking but I threw her outside right away too and hasn't started flowering yet. Next to the 3 clones is the biggest which was grown from seed from a bag of stress (thats cheap $50oz Mexican brickweed, for those who don't know what Stress is) that just started to show its pubes...I was happy to see its a girl!! This one has had a skunky smell from the beginning, hope she turns out good!! So there's 4 plants total and my fiance might get two more so she can stay right at the legal limit of 6 mature plants (according to California state law).....Wish us luck! I'll post pics of the bunch tomorrow!!

7. it looks like theres 3 plants in the third pic ... in the second pic its showing more then a quarter of bud on it as it is ... i don't know what the conditions are but according to the pics you should be good for at least an ounce.

8. ok so i have some more pics for you guys to see. I put a Coke can next to the unknown Kush for scale....helps to get a better idea of approximate yield. So yesterday was 5 weeks flowering....you can see from the pic of the top bud that the pistils are starting to darken, the lower buds not to much though. I fed her some 10-52-10 and molasses yesterday (molasses at a ratio of 2 tbs per gallon of water) which might be her last feeding judging by her hairs. Maybe one more feeding next weekend will be her last then pure water after that. What do you guys think? Anyway I've also included pics of the other plants we have......check em out!
    Theres my Sensi Star clone, just 2 days flowering.....my "Stress" weed, the biggest and not a clone but from seed, also 2 days flowering.....Then there's the unknown clone that I call "Runt" because its pretty pitiful looking( i was thinking about putting this close to the porch light at night to postpone flowering so it can vegitate a little longer...what you think guys?"
    On the Stress plant I pinched the top so it'll produce two top buds instead of one but i may have done it too late, should've done it earlier so the two new leaf sets could grow longer but oh well, we'll see how it goes. you can see i've trained her a bit to keep a lower profile which is another reason i pinched the top off. Anyway this is our first real grow( i grew a single Stress plant years ago under a 70watt hps, but i chopped her too early and i sundried the buds and obviously the smoke was not the greatest do to inexperience and basically being a noob.... This time around will be different thanks to forums like these...Wish me luck. Hope you guys enjoy the pics....advice and input is much appreciated
    oh yeah all those extra leaves on the pots and the wood is my camoflauge ...even though they are underneath the metal screen, at certain times of day you can see through the screen and the camo helps a lot to keep it discreet...Even though we have our Med Card, we don't know how the landlord would react so we just stay as discreet as possible.

Attached Files:

9. That Hindu Defiantly look below, from low-life seeds.
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tAutomatic Hindu kush
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tSeeds per pack : 10
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tType : Autoflowering, sativa/indica \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tF1 hybrid
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tHeight : 10 – 14 inches
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tHarvest date : 9 weeks from seed \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tYield : 14 – 30g per plant
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tIdeal light regime : 20/4 from seed \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tto harvest
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tIdeal pot size : 5 litres
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tEnvironment : Indoors/Outdoors
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tEffect : Sedative/Couchlock/Manic \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tMunchies
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tAutomatic Hindu Kush is truly for \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tthe Indica lover. She may only grow \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tto 14” at the very most but the buds \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tare thick and rock hard, and with \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tsuch a coating of resin that she is \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tour best and most efficient \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\thashmaker. A mix of Hindu Kush, \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tmaster Kush and Lowryder, our \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tAutomatic Hindu Kush does not branch \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tout as much or grow as tall as our \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tAutomatic AK47 but they also do not \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\trequire as much rootspace, this \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tenables more to be grown in the same \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tarea. In 1 square metre for example \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tyou may be able to fit twice as many \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tAutomatic Hindu Kush' as you could \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tAutomatic AK47' we feel that this \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tmore than makes up for it's \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tindividual size. Being an Indica, \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tthe high of the Automatic Hindu Kush \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tcan be quite narcotic in its \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tqualities and can induce sleep or \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tdeep relaxation quite effortlessly. \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tNot a strain you should be smoking \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tif you intend to go dancing, play \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tsports or indeed anything that \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\trequires you to use your legs! You \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tmight also consider somehow locking \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tthe refrigerator prior to smoking \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tunless you want to gain weight and \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\track up obscene grocery bills. \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t

10. yeah i'm pretty sure she's not an autoflower cuz she's a clone. Her leaf internodes are alternate not opposite indicating she is from a mature mother. Autoflowers start to flower to quickly to clone. thanx for checking my post

11. Oh she did come from a clone sorry must have missed that. Well hope turns out to be good smoke :smoking:

12. Your shit is real nice man. Lots of buds :)

13. thanks for the reply man....any guess on how much longer??? anyone??

14. ok, i will post some update pics this Saturday the 6th, which will be 6 weeks of flowering for my unknown Kush clone....i'll also post pics of the others too.......

15. ok, so as promised i have an update for you with pics....... the stress plant is looking pretty good. it is the biggest and will yield the most. not the greatest strain (don't really know the strain other than its mexican brick weed. which is actually pretty good if you can get it before its been "processed" i.e. compressed, stored, shipped, etc.....) my Unknown Kush is looking better too. i think the molasses has fattened her up a bit....she's definitely getting closer to harvest judging by her pistils. i will go to Radio shack today and get a pocket microscope to see the trichomes to better judge harvest time. I fed her one last time with molasses today and no nutes.. after today its just water for her. well the sensi star is looking ok too. more pubes are showing on her and i can't wait to see the buds on her. and as for the Runt. well she hasn't really done much. She did start to show her pubes yesterday. I have to admit she looks a lot better than when we first got her. I don't think the guys at this particular dispensary know a whole lot about growing. When they first gave her to us(for free) she had yellow leaves and barely looked alive. She does look better now though. We'll see how she does during her stretch.... ok, anyway here are the pics and hope you guys enjoy!!

Attached Files:

16. ok so i went to Radio Shack and bought a 60X-100X pocket microscope to check the trichs on the Kush. I cut a small piece of leaf from the top bud and examined it under the lighted microscope. Almost all are a cloudy color with about 20% a darker amber color. I'd say about 50% (maybe a little less) of the pistils are reddish brown with the others still bright white. You think I should harvest? I did feed her some molasses today as stated previously and was planning on just water for another week, but now I think I might not give her anything else for another 3-4 days and then harvest. I need some expert advice from the pros~! help guys!!

17. PLEASE don't chop that plant. Really, it's up to your personal taste...but that plant needs at LEAST a decent two week flush. I'm trying to help you out here by saying to be patient! You could harvest now and get some decent smoke, but I'm sure it'd be subpar on taste and yield compared to the grade A you could be harvesting in the last week of September.

18. hey thanks for the reply Gatson.......here are some other pics taken this morning.... 6 weeks and a day flowering...... so you think another couple of weeks? just straight water? i'll keep posting pics every few days....i'm in no hurry to harvest so i can definitely wait if that's what it takes....... thanx again man!!

Attached Files:

19. Wow those are some tiny plants, but looking good. Looks like maybe a bubba kush. Keep up the good work.

20. I agree it does look like a bubba kush or OG Kush. The bubba Kush is a dwarf so that would correlate with the size....in my experience Bubba Kush doesn't do well outside and is succeptible to mold and powdery mildew.

I would say at least 2 more weeks.