President Obama: End Your War on Cannabis Patients

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by oltex, Dec 18, 2011.

1. President Obama: End Your War on Cannabis Patients
    December 15th, 2011 / Erik Altieri / NORML

[​IMG]

Over the past several months, the Federal government escalated its war against medical marijuana to previously unseen heights. The Drug War machine kicked into high gear starting in October when the IRS began applying an obscure part of the US tax code, meant to target drug cartels, against medical dispensaries in attempts to shut them down. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms joined in the fight when it issued a heavy handed one page memo to every gun and ammunition dealer nationwide informing them that they must, by law, deny sales to lawful medical cannabis patients.

The hammer really fell when the US Attorneys for the four federal districts in California formally
    announced a crackdown on medical marijuana dispensing operations and began issuing memos threatening operators and landlords of these properties. Threats were even waged against news publications who ran advertisements for medical marijuana businesses. All of this in an environment where over 70% of Americans support medical use of cannabis, the country's largest physicians group endorsed full legalization, and at least four governors are petitioning the DEA to reclassify marijuana based on overwhelming evidence of its medicinal value. Unfortunately, It doesn't appear an end is in sight as new threats of intervention are looming in Colorado.

That is why today, in cooperation with other reform organizations, NORML is encouraging you to contact President Obama and tell him to end his administrations war on cannabis patients. Click
    here to use NORML's Take Action Center to directly email the below letter to the White House and tell President Obama to stand by his promise to not interfere with state medical marijuana laws.

[​IMG]

Flood his mail box with letters.

2. their efforts would be better spent lobbying for ron paul

3. or trying to suck their own cocks

4. #4 oltex, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2011
    swing batter,batter swing,,,never give up trying to stop this insanity peacefully,,even while you are loading your gun.

5. i could think of a few other wars id rather have him end first

6. the end of this war will bring an end to all current wars

the new wars will be against poverty, starvation, and our own egocentric ways

7. I understand, but Obama ain't doing shit.

If he does something its purely out of re-election motivations.

8. This was a pre-made letter that I agree with completely but I decided to add my own words. I am a grown adult, not yet old enough to drink but old enough to be prescribed oxycodones for my back pain. It causes papilations, severe sweating and addiction. It is seriously ridiculous how a grown man cannot select a safer medicine... But rather I have to spend 400 OF MY HARD EARNED MONEY ON A BOTTLE OF OXYCODONES. Please understand; the pharmaceutical companies do not deserve my suffering event though they are providing your campaign with millions of dollars. Hopefully you read this personally.

Dear President Obama:

I urge you to end your war on medical marijuana patients. More than 70 percent of Americans are in favor of legal medical marijuana. 16 states and the District of Columbia have passed medical marijuana legislation.

At least four governors are petitioning the DEA to reclassify marijuana based on overwhelming evidence that it has medicinal value. While this reclassification is pending, your Administration should respect -- not attack --state medical marijuana laws that provide patients with safe and reliable access to this medicine.

Given the fiscal crisis our country finds itself in, it doesn't make sense to waste federal tax dollars and law enforcement resources interfering with state medical marijuana laws.

9. Besides legalization, Ron Paul isn't shit but a falsified 'savior' by the internet sheeple.

Gary Johnson, 2012.

10. i think electing an individual is a failed and flawed policy in general

doesnt mattter what their fucking name is, any time you consolidate power like that your going to have prahlums.

even Jesus Christ would have a hard time rejecting all that lobby money and pussy

but he would reject it because he knew financial security and wealth beyond the moment is an illusion.

11. you gotta be kidding me..................

seriously bro..................................

seriously.

you funny guy

besides wanting to end wars, cut off the bullshit foreign aid, cut wasteful departments in the government.. i could go on and on.. but maybe this will open yours eyes a tad

12. Lay off the alex jones you brainwashed serf.You might come back to reality..

13. [​IMG]

14. I don't know what a prahlum is, but the rest of your post sure speaks the truth.

[​IMG]