Teaching our students well

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by oltex, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Teaching our students well
    DrugWarRant / Pete Guither / 10,25,2011

Officials Use Ruse At Wolcott High To Clear Halls For Drug Search

Combine the War on Terror with the War on Drugs to help create a docile and obedient future generation.
    At Wolcott High School one morning this week, an urgent announcement crackled over the intercom: a threatening intruder was in the building and students were told to immediately take refuge in classrooms.

Doors were locked and police, with dogs, moved in. Students stayed huddled in classrooms where they were told to stay away from the windows.

But what sounded like a frightening situation was just a search for narcotics. Drug-sniffing dogs combed the school while students stayed in locked classrooms, believing that an attacker was roaming the halls.

The schools, of course, just want to terrify the students in a positive way…
    [Superintendent of Schools Joseph McCary:] “We are providing a safe and secure nurturing environment.”

No drugs were found.
    But that wasn't what it was about, was it?

With the fear of terrorism that our government enhances,selling guns to the cartels,setting up assassinations on foreign diplomats,,etc,,there is something basically wrong about terrifying kids in school to search for drugs.

2. With the American people buying into the idea of "these terrorists must be stopped at all costs" we are giving up our personal freedoms one by one everyday. It's like we're going back into 1984. Literally, it's like our culture is regressing into one giant fuckshit of one that degrades individuality and one that praises a stupidly created group identity. Seriously, I'm not kidding. Turn on the television. Jersey Shore. The Hills. Aspen. Modern Family.

Garbage. All of it. Individual and critical thought found in any of those shows? I don't think so.

3. 9/11 was a ruse for our government to gain these powers. I'm almost convinced of this at this point. Look at how much control over our lives they have gained since that day. If you want to be scared for Halloween then don't go see Paranormal Activity 3, read the Patriot Act. Have a change of underwear handy.

4. I think this is actually a great lesson to teach kids: authority figures will lie and scare the shit out of you in order to distract you while they invade your privacy and do whatever they want.

5. No see they did this at our highschool too. The whole thing saying there is someone in the building is just dumb. But it is in no way an invasion of privacy. All of those lockers they searched is the schools property not that of the students. Please guys saying things like this is exactly what they do even if your doing it for our side its still dumb.

6. Ok, the property may be that of the school's but the students are entitled to some degree of privacy that is relegated to them by way of the school. By placing my belongings in the school lockers I am believing that I am entering into a contract with the school that I will not have any drugs or drug paraphernalia in the lockers and they will respect that and trust my word. Of course, we know school kids can be dumb and do not think of all of the details that lurk in the penumbras of such contracts.

In enclosed public spaces, I believe there should be a right to privacy. If I am using a bathroom in a public area, I should expect a relative degree of privacy within those four walls. If a policeman comes and peers underneath the stalls to check if I am doing an illegal activity such as snorting cocaine I will consider that an invasion of privacy.

People like you who take privacy very lightly are one of the reasons why the government had no problem extending the Patriot Act even further. The opinions of the ignorant minority have been mistaken for that of the "silent majority" now all of us (minority and majority included) are paying the price for it.

7. That's pretty messed up, I'm still a senior and at my school its required if you want anything from just being able park on campus to using the library, you must sign a paper that allows them to random drug test just about any student if they're on an actual team or not

8. Good post man. I swear some of the stuff on the tube is down right insulting to human intelligence.........yet some people still watch it.