One Million Dollar Pot Bust in Mooresville, NC

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by StewDaBak3r, Jun 30, 2011.

1. There fucking stupid if they think one plant is worth 4 grand.

• Like Like x 3

2. Our cops here in NC love to pad their stats a little. Rude, lying pricks these men are.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nah, it is a tactic they use to justify the bust. They inflate the worth of the plants so that they can make the public think that they have gotten more product off the street, and to justify the amount of money spent in surveillance, wiretapping and all of the other cash they blow through to make the illusion that they put a dent into the war on drugs. All in all it is just a circlejerk for the police to give themselves a good ol' pat on the back for wasting months of time, and oodles of cash on an investigation to bust some non-violent criminals they know more often than not, will not put up a fight :mad:. Plus, they steal all your shit.

Unfortunately, that is a tactic that works on the misinformed public too often, though it looks like the few first comments on that article are all from people who see through the bullshit.

• Like Like x 1

4. I'm not siding with the cops on this one, but you don't think this plant is worth 4 grand?

I doubt each plant was that size, but even then if you read the article the claim would be more towards 1500 dollars per plant, as they mention there were 700 plants.

Sometimes the police use the street values too, as opposed to what that crop is actually worth to the growers. It's not like they are selling all that in nickel and dimebags.

• Like Like x 1
  5. No, I think they go by the weight of the plant, and not the weight of the bud. Cops don't take the time to trim the buds off, they just chop down the plants. So they multiply the street value by the weight of the entire plant. We're talking a huge, and ultimately false, price inflation.

6. Um.. depending on the strain of Cannabis and the Yield.. yes, one plant CAN be worth up to 4k. if ur lookin at some Dank shit, and it can sell for about 15 a gram, absolutely.

7. #8 Deleted member 369225, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
    I completely agree, I thought about that right before my little nap... There is no way they would trim all that bud to get the actual weight.

I was making more of the point that they don't use the prices of what the bulk would sell for but rather they would go... I've got almost 67,000 grams worth of plant at 15 dollars a gram... A million dollar bust!

8. Well to each there own but I don't see it. They didn't even chop the plants the vid I seen. There still in the pots at the station. Outta 700 plants there'll be a few 4,000 dollar plants around the fucking cops house thats the safest place for them.

9. 100000/700=1.428... the average price of a qp in nc around there or more.... imagine that. But yeah i live in NC and the cops are fucking dicks and do inflate that kinda shit

10. Wonderful. This will make it so much easier to find bud when I'm home. /sarcasm

11. Oh shit, things might get dry around here. Good thing the mail exists.

12. Ain't that some shit.

13. i just read about a bust in chicago area 800 pounds vallued at over 2.5 million or fuckin $3, 125 plus for a single pound lololol cops want to boost numbers makes em look better.

14. Hahaha I saw this on the news a couple days ago.

15. That $4000 plant is only worth about a $800 because when they busted them, it was a Full GREEN plant, with fan leaves , stalk and 80 % water. That ALL counts as part of the plant.

Do you think they are going to dry and trim it before they charge them when they can add 50 years more to their sentence by using "wet weight"?

16. they gona use that shit..they didnt even distroy it.. of course the cops have the rights to grow it afterwards

17. wow one plant=4 grand?
    so they are saying that one plant will produce about a pound...
    judging the size of the ones budding i would guess those guys were gunna pull maybe 2 oz tops per plant which is worth about 700$ street value,less if your wholesaling it.
    there is no way this is a million dollar grow op lol.

18. anyone interested in settitng up a small piple? PM

19. lol these people are nuts...