“Overgrow The Government” Rally In Washington D.C. 4-20-11

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by oltex, Jan 26, 2011.

1. “Overgrow The Government” Rally In Washington D.C. 4-20-11
    420Times / 1,23,2011

On April 20th, 2011 the “Overgrow the Government” movement is staging a rally in Washington D.C. to demand an end to cannabis prohibition. As of this writing the
    Facebook page for the rally has over 1,000 people signed up to attend and another 1,000 “maybe attending.” They are looking for one million people to come to the rally, so we have a lot of work to do. Spread the word.

Below is a press release for the event:

For Immediate Release
    Media Contact:
    Jason
    Stickman200210@gmail.com

Grassroots Activists Head to the Nation's Capital to End Prohibition

Millions to Gather in Hopes to Cease Lies and Propaganda in the Cannabis World!

Los Angeles, CA (December 14, 2010) Overgrow The Government, a group of grassroots activists, is calling on a million supporters, hemp farmers and protesters alike to join together for a protest march in Washington D.C. to demand an end to cannabis prohibition. The march will take place on 4-20-11, and will end at The Capitol Stairs in Washington D.C. The march will start at 10 a.m. and run throughout the day. The starting location is TBA.

Overgrow The Government is a group of grassroots activists that are tired of the lies and propaganda associated with cannabis prohibition and have taken a firm stand against it. The success of the event depends on everyone in the cannabis world coming together in D.C to demand an end to prohibition and continue to do so in the years to come until a change is made.

[​IMG]

The unofficial organization was started when grassroots activist, Jason, viewed a protest at the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) headquarters in which hemp farmers planted hemp seeds. “To me this was a metaphor for what I see that needs to happen; I knew that with science, medicine, and numbers on our side now is the time to change these laws”, “said Jason. Following the protest, Jason took his idea and posted it as an event on Facebook to see what kind of feedback he would get. Within the first week, the protest received an overwhelming response from various organizations which proved he had to turn his idea into reality. He took on small group of activists as board members and started planning the event in the nation's capital.

For more information and updates on Overgrow The Government, visit:http://www.facebook.com/stickmanisahippy#!/event.php?eid=146753865351662&ref=ts

I am one of the “maybes” for the event, but I hope to be able to make the trip – it's going to be around the same time as a
    Gatewood Galbraith for Governor fundraiser here in KY. We have an amazing opportunity to show the politicians in our nation's capitol and people all around the world how committed we are to this cause.

The more people we can get to the rally the more we can show that we won't be quiet while our government persecutes us for consuming a non-toxic plant. Share this story and the
    Facebook page with all your friends. Our time is now.
    - Joe Klare

2. Ill be there!

3. fuck yeah i'll come to that

4. That's a tall order for a Wednesday. I wish they'd stop putting so much emphasis on the 4:20 thing, and just focus on the important issues. For something like this to get the kind of turn out, and participation it deserves, it should be scheduled for a Saturday, or one of those Monday holidays when most people are off work. I wish I could get there, but it's just not a reasonable notion due to my recently declining condition.

5. I'm stoked for this

6. Cant wait! Only a 7 hour drive!

7. if i didnt have a job and had tons of free time

id totaly go to this
    :(

8. 4 20 is a vacation day bro!

9. Party at my place afterwards! Im only 4 blocks from the capitol steps.

10. yea if you dont have a job or anything important to do that day.

i am enraged at my life
    for not lettting me go.

fuckyou life.

11. hell yea sounds like a good ol time!

and its ok bro..but i asked off for 4 20 months ago. Thats when i normally plant my garden!

12. I'm intrigued. I will try to make it out there for sure. I'm pretty sure it is like a 15 or 16 hour drive from mi =[

13. It's for something you believe in it would be all worth it.

14. 16 hours that sounds like a job for an ounce of weed! Maybe more :rolleyes:

and it is something we should easily have 1 million ppl going to..if everyone loves green like us!