US Gov Puts Bid Out To Grow & Research Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by freepa, Aug 6, 2009.

1. https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportu...ac07798c08a3ae&tab=core&_cview=0&cck=1&au=&ck=

The National Institute on Drug Abuse is soliciting proposals from qualified organizations having the capability to (1) grow, harvest, analyze, store and distribute GMP grade cannabis (marijuana) on large and small scales; (2) extract cannabis to obtain purified phytocannabinoids including delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (delta-9-THC), analyze, and store; (3) prepare marijuana cigarettes and related products; and (4) distribute marijuana, marijuana cigarettes and cannabinoids, and other related products for research and other Government programs upon NIDA authorization. Offeror must possess suitable and secure DEA approved outdoor and indoor growing facilities, research laboratory with appropriate analytical instruments, and experienced personnel to conduct the project tasks. Appropriate DEA approved secure facility for manufacturing of marijuana cigarettes, and their storage, and DEA Schedule I registration for marijuana and THC are essential. NIDA anticipates a 1-year with four 1 year options cost reimbursement type contract will be awarded. Additional quantity options for manufacturing cigarettes may also be required. In order to handle substances under the Controlled Substances Act of 1970, it is mandatory that offerors possess a DEA Research Registration for Schedules II to V and demonstrate the capability to obtain a DEA registration for Schedule I controlled substances.

2. thats great

3. " marijuana cigarettes " never gets old :laughing: good stuff though.

4. #4 The Green Toker, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2009
    1 step closer to legalization! /sarcasm

5. Fuck, sign me up to become a tester:hippie:

I gotta wonder why they are doing this?

How'd you find this?

6. Hell Yeah!! Lol :smoke:

7. Yeah reminds me of the beginning of "Smoke Two Joints" from Sublime.

8. Yep, same here man. Sublime was the shit.

9. Please tell me you're joking? NIDA is one of the groups that are involved in this study and they are most likely out to demonize what is being studied.

FUCK THIS SHIT

10. I nominated Old Skool Grower for this program, it is what I think it is.

11. I wonder if the DEA shows up at your house and goes "OK YEA THIS IS AN ILLEGAL GROW UP--BYE BYE"

I'm thinking the only way to do this and not get busted would be to be in a MMJ state operating completely under state MMJ laws.

12. Sublime is the the shit

13. haha, I forgot that you cant tell sarcasm over the internet. :smoke:

14. They lost an original member bro... so its was

15. I didn't find this somebody else posted it on another board I'm spreading the news

I'm not so sure about this bad vibes

16. exactly what I was going to say brada :wave:

17. Since I was like 4 my older sister would bump THE SHIT with me and I'm still loving Sublime to this day.

18. This could be good, but since its the national institute of drug abuse it will probably turn out bad. I could see them easily twisting the facts to further their agendas. Lets hope this wont be used against us.

19. #19 HighMountainSkier, Aug 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2009